• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What if Link Showed Physical Damage?

well just a thought that during the story of the game link will start off as normal and through the Quest he will slowly show damage, ( ripped clothing bruises scratches, scars etc) it will benefit the story more by showing us what physical abuse link has been through. and with he Wii U being HD it is possible to do this is great detail its perfect for it. so what do you think, would you like to see Link get physically worn down thrughout his quest?

Clank

Hmm
Umm, I am not sure I would want that...I would probably end up killing myself just to get rid of the scars.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The tons of kids and crazed traditionalists will not accept this, so I cannot accept this. Link cannot show damage - he always rises to the top and he never backs down. Furthermore, he never loses; sure he may be temporarily defeated but he never outright loses. For that, battle damage cannot be a thing.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The tons of kids and crazed traditionalists will not accept this, so I cannot accept this. Link cannot show damage - he always rises to the top and he never backs down. Furthermore, he never loses; sure he may be temporarily defeated but he never outright loses. For that, battle damage cannot be a thing.

Rising to the top doesn't mean "never struggle." After all, in OoT Link was defeated by Ganondorf as a child. In WW, Link was completely decimated by the G-Man... on multiple occasions! Many of the games start with Link losing, or realizing he's not strong enough for the quest that's been handed to him so I don't see how the game showing that he's struggling is going against tradition.

I think it's fine, but if I see this and see other big things lacking I will be upset just like I was when I saw that rupees in SS had physics, yet the puzzles weren't to my liking. Focusing on the little things over the big things upsets me.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think it'd be good but not dynamic damage. By that I mean I don't think he should show anything because you got hit during combat, or because you did something, but at different stages in the game there'd be nothing wrong with ruffling up if a specific story-line thing happens. If he falls add a bit of dust to the clothing, maybe a Boss Encounter will make him cut his tunic a little bit, stuff like that. It shows that it's a gruelling experience. But dynamic battle damage would suck since you'd need a way to reset it and that'd ruin the reason you want the damage to be shown; to show that Link's really going through things.

Kind of like how Tomb Raider did it. Lara's clothes ripped, were dirtied, bandaged, etc. because of storyline specific events, not just throughout gameplay. Which I liked. If Zelda is going realistic graphics like TP then I think it'd look good. If it's stylised, then no.

Salem

SICK
Kinda like the Batman Arkham games, right? I don't think it's a big deal if they put it in or not.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure how well it work in-game. Also, if they did, I would want scars to heal up as your health goes back up or for clothes, shields, and other objects look better after you repair them or something like that.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I think it would be cool. It's a neat and interactive dynamic for characters. It makes them feel more real and relatable to us. The mechanic could add feeling to all that damage Link is taking.

That being said, I'm not really sure Nintendo would approve of this mechanic. It's a little intense.

Sheik

:the:
That's a cool idea. It kind of reminds me of how Brawl was originally going to show physical damage on its characters (i.e. scratches on Meta Knights mask)

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I think it would be cool. Of course, I wouldn't really like to see Link looking like someone took a chainsaw to his face, but I'd be cool with a little cut here and there. I'd also really prefer it if once you heal up, your cuts would go away. I'd like it if you could repair shields (But only after like, a really long time of being beaten. I thought the shield meter from SS went down way too much and too quickly.) and buy new clothes--put them rupees to good use, you know? It could be used as a game mechanic of sorts: your strength diminishes a bit when you're really injured and your defense weakens a little when your clothes get really ragged. Heck, maybe it could add a little more difficulty to the series.

That being said, I think it might look a little odd or out of place if the graphics are more stylized to the likes of WW or SS. But who knows? Maybe Nintendo could pull it off.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've always thought that would be a good idea. Like if he rolled on the ground multiple times there could be dust and noticeable wear on his clothing. I wouldn't want to see major blood loss and deep flesh wounds, but the occasional cut or bruise would be ideal for me.

itd be about freakin time if that series is going into hd then they need some more realism within the graphics, perhaps battle damage could go away as you collected hearts? just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom