• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Link Had a Gun As a Weapon

think if link had a gun it would be so cool like you could buy it with rupees and then you can buy ammo and shoot the enemys like he could use both sword and bomb and gun

amaterasu

Writer
if link had a gun as a weapon, it wouldn't be much of a game. games today seem a little too modernized, and i think zelda stays with the fantasy theme by keeping swords, sheilds, and arrows in the games.

yea i know like just wondering if he did i am right there with you i kinda like it just with swords

and like ganon is like bowser some how when we beat him he comes back to life and like thinking if he would not come back to life they kinda have a hard time make more zelda games they would have to find a new mastermind

cant wait tell that new zelda game comes out i well be the first won to get it

zeldafan100

DarkLink98
Hmm........ if link had a gun ~goes to princess Zelda ~
Link: GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY
Zelda: OK OK gash i'm broke time to go live on the streets D;
yep that would be cool and it would give some more things to do in the games like oot. You could have an honer meter and if you robed someone it could cause something to happen like you don't get an extra item later in the game. Or if some people didn't like the idea it could be a mod so you can choose if you wan't to have guns in zelda. But should it be in all games or just oot since that is the latest one? you tell me that.

yea the princess zelda should give link all of her ruppes cuse link is saveing her butt all the time she can at least do that

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I find guns to be a rather cowardly weapon. Bow and arrows and the slingshot at least demand a little more from the person handling them than a gun does. I prefer the bow and arrow, it feels more organic when it comes to weapons than a gun and bullets ever would.

Guns? Epic no! I could go on a long rant explaining why it would be a bad idea, but I'll spare you the speech. :yes:

However, a crossbow might be nice...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think Zelda would be so bad of a game if it incorporated guns into the formula. I mean, all Zelda games can form a fanbase even if they are different (Adventure of Link, Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks), so I don't see why a modern Zelda would be any different. I'm not advocating guns in a Zelda game, but it wouldn't be too crazy to work out!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think Zelda would be so bad of a game if it incorporated guns into the formula. I mean, all Zelda games can form a fanbase even if they are different (Adventure of Link, Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks), so I don't see why a modern Zelda would be any different. I'm not advocating guns in a Zelda game, but it wouldn't be too crazy to work out!

You make an excellent point, however Zelda would just not be Zelda with guns. That's how I feel.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree with your point as well, the game would likely lose the Zelda feel to it if we ditched sword and shield for a gun. However, I don't believe it would become yet another gorefest - most Zelda games find a way to make radically different and even mature features work for the game. For example, Majora's Mask had racism that, while was explicit (some people told you face to face that you were a freak just for being a Zora/Goron), still worked for that game without completely changing the formula. (:

EDIT: If Zelda were to have guns like, for example, a repeater...they'd have to make the graphical style fit in. So, using Twilight Princess or the Wii U Tech Demo's graphic style would easily fit as TP was pretty modern if I may say so. Taking it a step further wouldn't necessarily hurt as guns wouldn't have to become Zelda standard.

geek4887

The Unknown
If you REALLY want Link to hold a gun and start shooting some random guys, play SSB. Seriously, fantasy weapons such as a spinner and the dominion rod will work, as to they are still fantasy-related, and magical. Guns? No, it will be too easy. I mean if they turned Zelda into a FPS, I would boycott Nintendo. I mean Sure, it worked out with Metroid, but Zelda isn't just the kind of series that can gain something GOOD from making Link use guns.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I don't think Link himself ever should carry a gun. It's not Link. However, I think it might be able to work for a mini-boss or something. Something that you could maybe deflect the bullets with your sword. Maybe something like an old western cowboy in the desert could be interesting. I was half expecting to face an old west cowboy in the Hidden Village. So yeah, I think it could work for a mini boss or something.

I don't think Link himself ever should carry a gun. It's not Link. However, I think it might be able to work for a mini-boss or something. Something that you could maybe deflect the bullets with your sword. Maybe something like an old western cowboy in the desert could be interesting. I was half expecting to face an old west cowboy in the Hidden Village. So yeah, I think it could work for a mini boss or something.

Hmm... ^this just might work. :yes: It could be some kind of medieval, cannon-based weapon, that perhaps shoots bombs as ammo.

[video=youtube;LIgh4Vg-w8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgh4Vg-w8A[/video]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom