• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda "What if Ganon Was a Polise Offiser"

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I was Skyping a friend and he asked the question that is presented in the title. It got me thinking, "what if there was a game where Ganon wasn't the villian?" Discuss.
[EDIT] I mean what if Ganon was a good guy?

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
He would arrest Link for vandalizing property through the destroying of pots.

Nah, I'd imagine he would be back in Gerudo Valley, sipping tea with his lady friends and keeping peace within the desert.

But in Wind Waker, he would explore the Great Sea on the back of the Helmaroc King, feeding orphans and stopping global warming.

In Twilight Princess, he would be helping Telma run the bar. Good boy, Ganon.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
You know what would be great? A game that showed how Ganon got the king's trust in OoT. The King of thieves had to do some pretty epic things to gain his trust like that. (I suspected he played a crucial part in the war that separated Link from his parents). Though he probably wouldn't be a "good guy" in that game.

Ganon being a good guy was one of the idea I had for what I thought would be an epic Zelda game. He'd be something like Groose, only way more intense in Personality. Make for a great trio if the triforce actually worked together throughout the entire game.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
You know what would be great? A game that showed how Ganon got the king's trust in OoT. The King of thieves had to do some pretty epic things to gain his trust like that. (I suspected he played a crucial part in the war that separated Link from his parents). Though he probably wouldn't be a "good guy" in that game.

Ganon being a good guy was one of the idea I had for what I thought would be an epic Zelda game. He'd be something like Groose, only way more intense in Personality. Make for a great trio if the triforce actually worked together throughout the entire game.

Now I'm thinking of a Zelda game with a Sonic Heroes-esque cooperation system between the three characters. Or maybe something like Super Paper Mario.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I think it would be neat to have a game from Ganondorf's perspective. What if it was like an anti-Link game, set during Link's absence of 7 years in OoT.

Instead of healing the land with each action, such as purging monsters from the forest, freeing the Gorons, filling the lake, etc, Ganondorf would do things that harm the land. He would become bonded to land's devastation similar to how Link bonded to the land's restoration. Hyrule could get visibly, musically, and atmospherically worse as you progress.

Ganondorf could also work to capture the sages. They would be the final bosses of the temples, and you would seal their power away at the end of each battle, followed by the respective evils occuring to the land.

Ganondorf could really add lore to the game. I mean it would be great to see how the battle went on, how everyone reacted, and what Sheik was doing at this time. This idea has more great possiblities the more you think about it. It could be an interesting twist on a classic game.

Salem

SICK
Then, Ganon might get kidnapped and Link has to save him from Zelda or something.

Actually, maybe there will a be a different main villain for the game.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
He would be a green-ish piggy Rauru. And would try to help Link in his quest but muck everything up and be all clumsy and comical, followed by sighs and eye-rolling from all the other characters, and turn up at the end exclaiming he found the answer how to complete the quest even though they had already restored peace.

Annoyed by the mockery he received on a daily basis, and by being on the fringe of the hero and companions, he steals the triforce of power in revenge and takes over Hyrule. But, this would prove worthless, as, at the end of it all, he would always be lonely and unwanted.

67ghost

no you're not
He would be a green-ish piggy Rauru. And would try to help Link in his quest but muck everything up and be all clumsy and comical, followed by sighs and eye-rolling from all the other characters, and turn up at the end exclaiming he found the answer how to complete the quest even though they had already restored peace.

Annoyed by the mockery he received on a daily basis, and by being on the fringe of the hero and companions, he steals the triforce of power in revenge and takes over Hyrule. But, this would prove worthless, as, at the end of it all, he would always be lonely and unwanted.

so basically zelda the crappy Disney channel self proclaimed sitcom?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom