• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What if Gannon Was the Hero in ZeldaU?

DO you agree?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, as long as its good.

• No, just no.

• Total voters

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
I know most of you are like "OH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL NAW, LINK IS TEH HERO; GET OUT U NEWB~" Although listen, this could actually be a funny twist, I mean, what if link became bad, and Gannon was good, none knowing the past events of the timeline. I 'dunno about you, but I want to see some action from gannon, most of what he has done is sit in a chair and wait to kill link. Although that is true, we have never really know much about Gannon, have we? Our friend Gannon could actually be trying to do something good, lets look at Ocarina Of Time, for an example. You got the last stone and your going to Zelda, she races out on a horse, throws the ocarina and disappears. Then Gannon comes out, your thinking "Omg whats your problem? leave her alone!" But what if he though she was being kidnaped, he attacked you because you were no help in saving her and he was angered? Next you get the ocarina and become adult Link you see Gannon say a few things about you letting him in the sacred realm, and you travel into town and your like "H0LY CH!T LEWK AT ALL DOSE READEADS GANNON YOUR F*CKING EVIL, DESTROYING DIS POOR TOWN!" But think about that again, what if Gannon though you murdered too many Redeads and decided to make their species not go extinct, and the redeads destroyed the town? I could go on with more, although I think this is good enough for a point, so how would you like it if Gannon was the hero in ZeldaU? :pie:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Not a fan of the idea at all. First of all, in Ganon's eyes, what he's doing is good. So he'd never be the Hero or stop a bad Link, it'd just be us playing from the villain's perspective. But the villain having a change of heart or something along those lines, becoming 'good', is horribly cliché, a bit cringe-worthy sometimes, and ruins them as a real villain in my eyes.

So, no. Keep Ganon away from the Hero spotlight. And I don't think he's this deep, complex enough character to really warrant it anyway, imo.

Drahsid

Meh, I wasn't thinking of anything cliche, just this time around link abuses his power, ganon doesn't.

Salem

SICK
"H0LY CH!T LEWK AT ALL DOSE READEADS GANNON YOUR F*CKING EVIL, DESTROYING DIS POOR TOWN!" But think about that again, what if Gannon though you murdered too many Redeads and decided to make their species not go extinct, and the redeads destroyed the town?
Redeads are just zombies, they're not a "specie", they can't go extinct as long as people keep on getting killed.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I don't really know how you could make courage seem evil tbh. Power is easily abused--hence the term "absolute power corrupts absolutely"--but courage? Not so much. The triforce of courage doesn't really seem to have much of a power besides giving one the ability to overcome fear, which I doubt would really come in handy when attempting world domination. Besides, Link doesn't have a malicious bone in his body--except for maybe toward chickens and pottery :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well first, we would need a significant amount of backstory regarding this "Gannon" creature ;p

Jokes aside, I like the idea very much...but all the fanqirls will say "NOOOO THIS IS SOOO DIFFERENT ITS BAAAD". So, I propose that we still play as Link, but the story is played out in such a manner that Link's being the Hero or the Villain is practically ambiguous. This would mean that evil and morals as wholes are not some black & white material; they're a gray instead.

Salem

SICK
Link is a different "character" every game, save the direct sequels and stuff. So, if there's a new Zelda game, why would it be Link specifically that becomes evil? The villain can be any character. Gannon has demonstrated time and again that he only cares about his own power and conquering and stuff, why would he "save" anyone unless it benefits him?

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Reminds me of a certain video. The game would be hilarious. I approve.
[video=youtube;bSmhWrrLqcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmhWrrLqcU[/video]

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I would be interested if Ganon teamed up with Link - due to necessity, probably - but not if Ganon was the goodguy, and Link was evil. That just wouldn't make sense.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganon is not a good guy, he believes he is but he is full of malice and hatred. This goes for every incarnation because he is the incarnation of Demise's hate. There is no way Ganon would actually be good in anyone's eyes but his own.

While I like the idea I'm not sure if I'd want it in a game. I would like to see a game where you play as Ganon and set up dungeons. It would especially be cool if you could set up a plot as Ganon and then let your friend play it through as Link. Basically let us build our own game. If that's too far off it would still be cool to play as Ganon and try to beat Link. I think I'd feel better about Hero Ganon if it was a Shattered Glass sort of thing.

Drahsid

I would be interested if Ganon teamed up with Link - due to necessity, probably - but not if Ganon was the goodguy, and Link was evil. That just wouldn't make sense.

Your opinion. =p

While I like the idea I'm not sure if I'd want it in a game. I would like to see a game where you play as Ganon and set up dungeons. It would especially be cool if you could set up a plot as Ganon and then let your friend play it through as Link. Basically let us build our own game. If that's too far off it would still be cool to play as Ganon and try to beat Link. I think I'd feel better about Hero Ganon if it was a Shattered Glass sort of thing.

Sounds like a good side game, sorta like Link's Crossbow Training, as in what I mean by side game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom