• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What I LIKE and What I Don't Like About Skyward Sword

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Okay, I made some stupid posts about how disappointed I were about the new Zelda, but I've come over the shock and I like it more and more. I had a similar feeling about Mario Galaxy 2, when I saw the level selection, but fact is - it works pretty well.

Here is what I like: Nintendo has definitely made a great job on controls this time. And the way Link uses his sword techniques looks AWESOME. And the way the enemies put up challenges by defending themselves (moving the sword and such in directions) will put up atleast some challenge in the beginning. I also love the way Link looks, but I'd like some more smaller details, like pouches, the gauntlet on his arm, and so on. (take TP-Link for example.) I also like the dashing ability, but I'd also like to get to roll, which was an easy way to quickly dogde arrows in TP. The bow looks awesome too. I have played the bow and arrow game in Wii Sports Resort, and I loved it. That will be AWESOME.

For what I don't like: Considering that this is an early trailer and not that much were shown, I don't like how some of the enemies and scenery looks like. The moblins look like freaks, (think of how well WW made them!) the keese doesn't look frightening at all. (think of how they looked in TP!!!)Some of them looks like bad jokes!! And the way that freaking Deku-Scrub dies (referring to 0:53 in the trailer), I mean, GOD! The nut isn't even coming hard towards it, and still it flies up in the air screaming in pain!! If you look at how TP were, whenever you killed something it were flying fast and it was LETHAL! And the sound it makes when it hits it. If you heard how stuff were in TP, whenever you hit a bulblin with an arrow, it made a hard "dtsch" sound, and that actually heard like an enemy dying! For the scenery, I don't like how the trees, the leaves, the flowers, the wines, the mushrooms... and so on. I just don't like how everything around you looks. Wind Waker didn't have that much of a problem with that because it wasn't often you were at land. And in the trailer, you are in this open grassy area, and I don't like the design of it. It feels way to open to be a dungeon to me. It may be the main area, but it looks all messy and that you have no control about where you are.

Anyways, that is how I feel about SS. Considering that this is only demo footage, I honestly hope they change around a little bit before the release (still in developement!)
Atleast I have started to get more used to it, and I like it more than before. I really really hope for some more smaller details to make it look AWESOME.

NOW if you're going to leave a reply - THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS, not yours. Don't say stuff like "omg how can you think that about that?!" That's your thoughts, I have mine. Now, I can't see how if people will critize this post.

K

KT the cat

good point. i think they should make it either really realistic or toon link-ish.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I'm almost certain they will change some of the graphics around before it's released.
I agree, that some of the scenery doesn't look all that great but so far it's off to a really, really good start. Definitely can see the direction they're going in and with just a bit of retouching I can easily see this as being my favorite Zelda, visually. It feels like I'm in the middle of some epic fantasy/fairy tale picture book. =D Finally some classic OoT-esque magic is being revived! In general I do like the graphics despite the fact that there's still some room for improvement.
And yeah, the controls appear to be pretty sweet, too. Hopefully, they'll get all the glitches sorted out...Which is kind of why I'm happy they postponed it until 2011 since I would hate it to suffer a similar fate to Twilight Princess. Doubt it will, though. I have a really good feeling about this game and I'm sure that it's going to turn out to be absolutely freaking amazing. =D

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I like the new feel for the game, but i'm not entirely sure about the graphics yet. I'm definatly interested in those new bosses, the scorpion one looks great.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

I agree with lots of things you've said.
I think that most of the elements of the enviromnent like flowers, mushrooms, and tree leaves looked weird and not zelda-ish.
But, overall, I think that maybe I'll like the graphic style. The felling it expresses to you may be interesting, If they change the scenario elements, I think the graphics might be really nice.

I think that one thing that's missing there is that, for some reason, that place doesn't look like Hyrule, or any other land that would appear in a zelda game, I just don't know exactally why.

As you have said, the enemies do look a little silly, with the exeption of the deku babas, that eye thing in th door and the scorpion (wich, even though doesn't look necessarily bad, is cliche).

Summarizing, I think that the game could use some little improvements.

you actually can roll, if you watch the whole E3 demo Miyamoto shows us how to roll by throwing the nunchuk downwards while running.

I liked most of what I saw. However, I did notice that the graphics for the tree leaves looked a little cheap. I'm hoping that this is one of the issues that gets fixed, though. Link also looks a little odd when he's holding the sword... Oh well, I'm just nit-picking. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom