• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Headphones Do You Use?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Pretty straight forward. I've been recommended different pairs of headphones and earbuds and thought I'd share some of my own with you guys.

I have a pair of Bose OE2. They were about $130 and they sound so good. Any Boss product I would recommend.

So what about your favorite headphones?

Last edited:

Dan

Microsoft LX.... something , they are pretty decent. :)
It gets the Job done anyway. I'm not one for spending too much on headphones

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I use some Lenovo headset I got on the holidays last year. Probably not the best but they still sound pretty darn good.

inb4 some tool uses beats....how and why are those so popular, they're not even that good from what I understand.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
inb4 some tool uses beats....how and why are those so popular, they're not even that good from what I understand.

I've been wondering that myself. I've tried them out. You get a nice bass pump but I get cleaner audio in my Boss and they cost about half what the best pair of Beats costs. I think it's mostly just paying for a brand name more than anything.

I've also got a nice pair of Samsung athletic buds that are great.

Skull candy are good when it comes to earbuds but I don't like the headphones so much. The Aviators sound good but they put too much strain on my ears with all the metal parts on them.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I've been wondering that myself. I've tried them out. You get a nice bass pump but I get cleaner audio in my Boss and they cost about half what the best pair of Beats costs. I think it's mostly just paying for a brand name more than anything.

I've also got a nice pair of Samsung athletic buds that are great.

Skull candy are good when it comes to earbuds but I don't like the headphones so much. The Aviators sound good but they put too much strain on my ears with all the metal parts on them.

Those aviators are sexy. SC's kinda break or stop working pretty quickly though from what I understand. :S

I tend to go with headphones over buds. They just sound cleaner in my experience.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Those aviators are sexy. SC's kinda break or stop working pretty quickly though from what I understand. :S

I tend to go with headphones over buds. They just sound cleaner in my experience.

The Aviators look and sound like a dream but the metal parts just put a bit too much pressure on my ears for my comfort. SC do break semi easily if you aren't careful. The more you pay the better they get of course.

I like earbuds for going places but I use my head phones at home for my computer or other things.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I have a set of Sennheiser HD448 headphones that I use at home. Lightweight and very comfortable, and great sound quality to boot.

To add to the Beats/Skullcandy discussion: I don't get the Beats or the Skullcandy craze either. SCs can't really handle much other than hip hop and pop music, and they are geared for looks rather than sound. Same can be said about Beats, except it's cashing in because it has Dr. Dre's name on it. Point is, I find both are vastly overrated and horrendously overpriced.

I don't currently use headphones, and I'm starting to get interested in raiding on WoW, so I'm looking for a good set of gaming headphones with those built-in mics so I can chat with my raid buddies in Vent. Can anyone reccomend any gaming headphones that are decently priced??

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Broken ones one headphone is taped and hot glued back on. They are Sony. I break all my headphones without fail. I wish to buy some Dr Dre beats soon. I guarantee I will break them.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I use whatever I can find! I just happened to lose my Samsung phone ones :( so Im stuck using my old ipod ones that only the left side works :/ oh well! Gotta wait to get some $$$ to get a new pair. I think I just want skull candies again..idk

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I've been meaning to get a fancy pair of headphones at some point, but right now I use these Logitech Ultimate Ears in-ear earbuds that I picked up at Walmart for $10... :P They're honestly surprisingly good though! They get a nice balance if treble, middle, and bass, they sound great, but I can see why they're only $10. They're probably a budget model of nicer earphones that look about the same, and I can tell because they're so cheap and also because some parts fall of really easily. There's this little mesh that goes over the tip of the earphone (when you don't have the rubber thing that goes in your ear on, you can see it more easily) that's barely held in by a little bit of glue, and it gets dirty and can fall out pretty easily. Which kinda sucks, because you get a lot more white noise when you don't have them in. Mine fell out a few months back, but it's really easy to get used to.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, they're called Ultimate Ears™ 200vi, for the record. I also forgot to say that they're noise-cancelling and have a microphone and volume controls built-in. Sadly, the volume controls don't work on my Android phone, but they do work on iOS devices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom