• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What have you done over COVID?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Have you begun a new hobby? Learned something new? How are you spending the extra time from the past few months?

I began 2020 really wanting to better myself, I wanted to write and get a novel finished. I wanted to find a well paid job and do some travelling.

I even managed to do some travelling when I met with some friends in the Scottish Highlands which was amazing, the views were incredible and so beautiful.

But then everything went to hell with Covid. I live with three guys so instead of just being home alone, our rather small place is now full of people, which means no real time to myself.

It also has become an absolute nightmare to find a job or keep hold of a job, so money is very tight now and I've already had to borrow a few hundred from kind people I know.

Covid also wrecked my face to face therapy sessions so I had a full course of phone therapy and phones freak me out so it did more damage than good.

So, all in all, I've done absolutely nothing other than try to keep the house tidy and try not to buckle under the pressure of my PTSD, lack of money and self worth in front of my guys.

A stark contrast from what I wanted this year to be.

MW7

I've been playing an absurd amount of games. Since March I've replayed through Goldeneye 007, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Metroid (3 times), A Link to the Past (2 times), Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time (3 times), Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Skyward Sword, and Phantom Hourglass. Once I finished Skyward Sword, I was going to play Breath of the Wild but decided to do a full replay of the Zelda series since I was halfway anyway and save Breath of the Wild as the finale. I'm doing all the single player main series releases (skipping Four Swords games, Triforce Heroes, and all spinoffs). I'm playing Spirit Tracks now and have Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Minish Cap, A Link Between Worlds, and Breath of the Wild left. At my current pace and with all the time I have, I should be done in a couple of months.

Tried to do some of those things I said I "never had time for"

Started catching up on my game backlog including completing, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Astral Chain, Links Awakening Remake, Luigi's mansion 3, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga & Currently Xenoblade Chronicles DE is ongoing (sank about 80+ hours into it so far though).

Watched FMAB, MHA S4, RWBY S7, Code Geass S1, Cells at Work, Rick & Morty all 4 seasons, Harley Quinn & currently going through Archer.

About to finish my 2nd workout plan, progress is steady but I'm just focusing on moving one step at a time towards my fitness goals & started doing some light evening yoga for additional stretching/flexibility. Nothing crazy but something I can commit to since I've got a lot more free time.

Caught up on some youtube series', podcasts, & done some general menial tidying/organizing & work for when things reopen again.

But above all I've started being more active on this forum & interacting with it's wonderful community :)
(sorry if that comes across as cheesy but it's nice to be able to nerd out about stuff with others)

I've finished a couple of games I lost interest in and basically abandoned, and have been actively playing PlayStation plus's free selection to branch into games I wouldn't normally play. I've also caught up in all the shows I planned to watch but always put off for other things. And now I'm at a point where I feel I have very little to do with my free time so I might actually read the pile of books that's started from my "I'm gonna read...oh look a video game..." moments.

Ninja

Well well well
Started a home fitness routine. Started off strong, getting bored of it, and it's time to switch it up. I tried going into my local gym yesterday, and just felt uncomfortable. It's too small of a gym to have only 5 of the 30 people there not wearing masks, even though its mandated, so I left.

Learning some IT stuff.

Playing some games.

Spending a ton of time with my family, really enjoying that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Gamed, worked on some personal projects, finished my degree, chatted with my sisters in video calls, moved in with a friend, watched a couple tv shows, etc. It's been a strange few months, and I get incredibly bored most days, but I've tried making the most of it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well armageddon arrived earlier this year for almost everybody except me. My work was the same as always. It was even busier with all the cards people sending each other, packages they ordered and stuff like that. So I don't really had time to start or learn something new because the pandemonium kicked our butts to work twice or even three times was much than usual o_O But now the government has lifted almost all restrictions and things seem to go back to normal and holidays are coming up for the people. So that means usually a more quiet time for us so maybe I discover something new to do :D

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My life during COVID is not all that different from my life before COVID. I complete my college assignments (I was an online student already), do some writing, play some video games (I have a fairly sizable backlog), watch YouTube, and exercise. I just don't go out nearly as often as I used to.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I haven't done too much out of the ordinary. Aside from working (now at home during the pandemic), and now having no sports to watch, I've basically played Animal Crossing: New Horizons daily and also watched quite a bit of shows on Netflix, so, uh, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom