• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Has Been Your Biggest Duh' Moment in Zelda?

D

dekuprince

Mine would have to be anything with that included using bombs :P

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
In Twilight Princess, in the Forest Temple, some vines you need to climb are blocked by little skutullas. I kept trying to climb past them, and died twice because they kept knocking me down. My little sister walked in, and asked, "Why don't you use your slingshot?" I facepalmed and felt like an idiot.

In Twilight Princess, in the Forest Temple, some vines you need to climb are blocked by little skutullas. I kept trying to climb past them, and died twice because they kept knocking me down. My little sister walked in, and asked, "Why don't you use your slingshot?" I facepalmed and felt like an idiot.

Wow, really? LOL

Mine was cracked walls and bombs. :P

I had this moment during the 1st phase of the Stallord fight. I kept hitting his spine all the time, but nothing happend. I only thought 'Oh, how cool is this!? A new glitch...?'. That continued about 10 minutes o.o. Then I hit the B button 'accidentally'... Luckily, I had no audience that day :embarrassed:.
Another very embarrassing moment was right after I started playing Ocarina of Time ( my first time playing Zelda!). It was inside the Deku Tree, where you have to climb the wall to jump through the spider web. There were this Skullwalltulas, and I couldn't manage to hit them! After I ran out of Deku Seeds, I was so desperate and started a new game. Just moments after that I found out how to get goodies: by slashing the nearby grass:hmm:.

In Wind Waker, when you enter the Earth Temple you have to control Medli to solve a puzzle. Now, before you entered the King of Red Lions even tells you that you should use the "command melody" to control Medli and make her go where you want to.

I was stuck on this puzzle for 30min before I realized "Doh! I'm supposed to command Medli to make her hit the switch!"

I felt like the biggest idiot on the surface of the planet at that moment.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
every time i do the Temple of Time in TP i get the big statues to where is needs to be and go through the last bit only to realise i didn't get the boss key and have to back track to get it

Inside the Deku Tree definitely. Even when Navi said to look at the suspicious patch of spider web down below, I failed to come to the conclusion that I had to jump off a high ledge in order to break it. In retrospect, I was definitely being extremely foolish. But hey, I was just a little kid, :P

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
The first time I played Ocarina of Time right after you leave Kokir Forest and the owl tells you to go meet Princess Zelda in Hyrule Castle. I went in the opposite direction at first and came across Gerudo Valley, so I restarted the game and realized I was supposed to just run straight and then you would see the castle that's nearly impossible to miss except for the direction I decided to go the first time.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
While playing Majora's Mask at a friend's house, I couldn't find the entrance to the Southern Swamp.

But recently, while playing Twilight Princess, I encountered my first Stalfos. I defeated them, but they kept regenerating. Was completely at loss at what to do until Midna said. " Why don't you blow their bones to pieces so they don't come back to life?" I felt pretty dumb after that.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
In the TP temple of time, when I got the Dominion Rod I Spent two days (!!!) trying to figure out I could press B to make the statue slash, that's right, I spent two days trapped in the statue room.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I was stuck in this room in either SS TP or OoT (can't remember which) I was supposed to bomb this wall and I didn't see the break. I ran around the entire area I had found so far looking for something and then when I went back to that room and bro pointed it out to me. OMG how could I miss that!?!?!?!?!? The break was huge and obvious too...

I was young when i did this, so I didnt know any better. My cousin helped me up until the last spiritual stone because i was a pansy of a child. I was trying to get the Ocarina of Time to play the temple of time after Zelda threw it into the water...I thought it was a blue potato for some reason. I thought Link was suppose to EAT it...not PLAY it. I tried to ask all of my family members what an Ocarina was. They thought I was talking about the macaraina (the dance). So I thought the notes were suppose to be dance moves. Which means I thought Link was suppose to dance the macaraina while eating a blue potato...I must of been the dumbest child EVER!!! It took a year for me to actually decide to look up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom