• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What has been the worst thing to happen to your favourite franchise/series?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Disney getting their grubby little hands on just about anything will inevitably ruin it or at the very least make it unremarkable.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
As many have already said, the a Star Wars sequels. While the prequels are considered horrible by many, the often-used CGI was about the peak of the art form at the time, and they used many practical effects that are never talked about. The sequels are just unplanned moneymakers. I hope the rumors are true and that they’re removing Kathleen’s political statements from the canon.
Every single Metroid game, especially Other M. Metroid has some of my favorite games, but they all release so late in the console’s lifespan to pick up any steam. Don’t get me started on Other M, though....

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
pic_social_1200x627_2.jpg

Don't get me wrong. Star Trek Discovery is bad. Maybe it's fine for a non-Star Trek show, but in the context of a Trek show, it looks like the idiotic scribbling of a ten year-old who was given a two sentence rundown of what the franchise is about. Star Trek Picard, on the other hand, is straight up character assassination. It looks at the fifty year history of Star Trek and says, "Nah, this isn't edgy enough for me."

While both Discovery and Picard are terrible, Picard infringes upon established character. It has the gall to bring people like Data, Picard, Icheb, and Riker into the series and mistreat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom