• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages What Happens to Termina when Link Doesn't Save It.

I don't know if people already mentioned, but I thought would be interesting to point out. I didn't Put it in Theory because it kind of is an Idea. So as you can see this has to do with the Oracle Games. Because it's on the Side of the timeline where Ganon Kills Link the Final battle (Which I think is when he disarms Link in that flash the timeline splits where link is... be headed, but that's for another time.) Anyway. In the Oracle Games, you Play as link from Link to the Past if I'm correct. Well In Seasons (I'm not sure if you go to it in Ages, haven't played it Yet.) You cross dimensions to a place called Subrosia. This place is highly Volcanic, and is pretty prehistoric. Now the Country that Link goes to is still in the same dimension has Hyrule, and Link can go to the different countries via sea, the Triforce just teleports him there. Now Termina from Majora's Mask is ALSO in another dimension. So you see where I'm going with this? Is it possible that Subrosia is the aftermath of the Moon Falling? Setting the World back to evolve from the start once again. Like a phoenix, rising from it's ashes again. With the moon purging the land of it's Sins since the hero couldn't save, the world has started anew. But that's just a thought. What do you guys think on this? I would like to know.

-Elick

Well... Subrosia is not so much an alternate dimension as it is simply a place within Holodrum (technically speaking, of course, as it's kinda underneath Holodrum). Also, I HIGHLY recommended that you avoid using the argument that "if p has something in common with q, then they are both the same thing," as this is not always the case. It is almost like saying "Hurricanes have eyes just like humans, so that means that hurricanes are humans, too!" ...or something. (inb4 Locke swoops in to hepl) To put it simply, just because [you consider] both places are alternate dimensions does not mean they are the same place...

On one final note... I am at least 98.9% positive that Nintendo did not think the games through to the point where Majora's Mask and the Oracle games are linked in any way, shape, or form. The timeline introduced in HH is more or less a "let's release a timeline to get those darn fanboys to shut the hell up already" thing anyway, so no conclusions in regards to connecting these two games can [should] be drawn from it...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Nothing. Because he saves it. Going back in time doesn't create alternate timelines in MM. It just starts over.

Nothing. Because he saves it. Going back in time doesn't create alternate timelines in MM. It just starts over.

He wasn't asking. He was simply proposing what could have happened if Link didn't save Termina. He's saying that Subrosia is the aftermath...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Its an interesting theory you have proposed here but I just fail to see enough evidence to relate both of these alternate worlds as one. There only seems tobe one entrance to Termina and that is through the Lost Woods in "Hyrule". Subrosia is connected to Holodrum which is a foreign place outside of Hyrule, so I just don't see how these 2 places could be connected.

Ok there is one damper to this 'idea'. In the begining of season you see the Temple of seasons literally sink in to the ground. then you find it in Subrosia. so therefore subrosia is actually under the ground of holodrum

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
*in reply to everybody* It IS an interesting theory, I'd honestly never have given that half a thought... Last time I'd picked up Oracle of Seasons was when I was still really young. I can't find my Gameboy charger, so it's been dead for months now :( .
Also, I can't tell for sure, but I don't think that Subrosia is in Oracle of Ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom