• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Happened to the Six Sages? SPOILERS OF OOT

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
OK, Quick post really. But I'd like to share something with you.
Anyone wander what happened to the sages?
Saria: No where to be seen in Kokiri Forest, Lost Woods, Forest Temple or Sacred Forest Meadow. Couldn't escape with moblins, the temple would be to powerful for her alone. Also, she has no fairy whe she awakens as a sage.
Darunia: Enters Volvaligas lair to give Link some time. Either thrown into the lava, sank in the lava, crushed, ate, etc. Couldn't be seen at any other point of the game.
Ruto: Waits for Link in a dead end, no where to be seen, possibly her Spirit.
Impa: Lost to the shadow beast Bongo bongo?
Nabooru: Disappears when she is attacked after attempting to escape Twinrovas attack in the Spirit Temple, Gossip stone says a Gerudo haunts the Desert is called Nabooru.
As for Rauru, he's an ancient sage, and is believed to be Kaepora Gaepora

I've always wondered what happened to the six sages; like, what did their spirits(?) do after all that happened and stuff? Hmm...

Saria's whereabouts are indeed a grand enigma, maybe Kaepora Gaebora came and scooped her up?

Darunia's whereabouts might be as you suggested. I can't think of anything else. :S

Ruto's disappearance(?) is just as mysterious as Saria's.

Perhaps Impa is mortally wounded or something; she isn't seen (though is said she goes into the Shadow Temple to reseal Bongo Bongo 'not exact quote') since her escape from Hyrule Castle with young Princess Zelda.

"They say that the thief named Nabooru, who haunts this area, is a Gerudo.", is what the Gossip Stone by the Gerudo Valley waterfall says. I've always wondered exactly what that could mean; the word, "haunt" sounds vague and can be tad misleading in this context. :S Though, I don't think what happens to her is necessarily what your theory suggests.

Rauru's scenario is almost self-explanatory, in my honest opinion, but nothing's absolute in his case...

Using deductive reasoning and my wild, untamed imagination, I would assume that when the sages are awakened, they are actually "spirited away" to the Sacred Chamber in the Sacred Realm, that is to say, they are warped to their positions there a divine bright light or something (we never actually get to see this, though).

From that point, Rauru probably briefs them on their divine purpose and the task at hand. Their new spirit forms(?) would probably remain in the Sacred Chamber until they are needed (for the final battle with Ganon/dorf).

When their goals are complete, - they have banished the evil Ganon/dorf - their spirits are most likely transfered to the next in line to be sages or they remain in the Sacred Chamber and evolve into the forms we see in Twilight Princess.;)

Keep in mind: This is all but speculation, and it should be treated as such. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pen

The game is on!
They all went of tho the Chamber of the Sages with Rauru. That is the place they belong to.

They're in TP but somehow they changed to become a bunch of white dudes with greek masks

TP is on the child side of the timeline, there the sages were never awakened. Now that is why thy look that way.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
You realise they're all dead, right?
First off, this is a theory; don't state it like it's a matter-of-fact thing. Personally, I don't understand where this theory comes from; the only thing that even comes close to suggesting that they're dead is that they have the ability to turn into ethereal spirits. This just exemplifies that they have magical abilities befitting a sage, and they fly off in the credits sequence. As awakened sages, their role is to exist in the Sacred Realm; this does not mean they are "dead" in the slightest. They just preside in a different plane of being, and have the ability to occasionally exit the Sacred Realm.

T

Twilight Comet

yeah personally I don't believe there dead. I mean why would you have to save Zelda If she's dead. If she is the seventh sage is she should be dead too?

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I've heard the theory that they're all dead before, although the idea that they're "spirited away" sound equally plausible. I would perhaps think it's a sort of vague mix between the two. Let's look at them each individually.

Saria - She goes into the Forest Temple, but Link never sees her until she's awakened as a sage. She could have died or been spirited away while in the temple.

Darunia - He goes into Volvagia's room, and when Link gets there later there's no sign of him. Here it's far more plausible that Volvagia killed him, or perhaps they're all spirited away from the boss's chamber.

Ruto - She swims up to the first water-level-changey-thing, but when Link gets up there she's nowhere to be found. It seems much more likely that she was spirited away, or did perhaps an enemy up there kill her? Probably not, if she could get past the same enemies to get to the room where Link finds her.

Impa - She goes into the Shadow Temple before encountering Link, just like Saria, but we never see her. We know she went to fight Bongo Bongo, so there may be something there to the boss chamber.

Naburoo - We actually see Twinrova teleport her away before Link's eyes, and then she's awakened as a sage later. You could say she's technically in the boss chamber, since you unlock the door with the boss key first. Or did Twinrova kill her? The dialogue might suggest otherwise.

Rauru - We can only assume what already happened to him follows the same rules as all the other sages.

The only major problem with the theory that the sages are killed before being awakened is that we never find their bodies. Perhaps by being killed their body is spirited away to reawaken as a sage in the sacred realm, perhaps explaining how they keep the same physical form. The problem with that, though, is that they're only awakened once Link defeats the boss and breaks the curse on the temple. Of note is that they're all somewhere inside the temple when this happens, and there are some who Link encounters and others who Link doesn't happen to come across.

Perhaps some of them die and other don't, and the rules for being awakened as a sage don't specify the state of their mortality. We know rather certainly that Darunia and Sheik both entered their respective boss chambers without Link, making it hard to suppose they didn't die, while Saria and Ruto were simply lost inside their respective temples, and may or may not have been killed. This would mean that the state of being awakened as a sage varies from the definition of mortality and immortality, or perhaps that they become immortal, whether translated or resurrected, although saying that they're no longer mortal, whether you say they're spirits or immortal beings, is inconsistent with Twilight Princess where, although I suppose the sages are more ethereal-looking, we see that Ganondorf is able to kill one of them.

If anything, it seems the state of becoming and being a stage is rather abstract in regards to mortality.

BigBig

Who needs a shield?
First off, this is a theory; don't state it like it's a matter-of-fact thing. Personally, I don't understand where this theory comes from; the only thing that even comes close to suggesting that they're dead is that they have the ability to turn into ethereal spirits. This just exemplifies that they have magical abilities befitting a sage, and they fly off in the credits sequence. As awakened sages, their role is to exist in the Sacred Realm; this does not mean they are "dead" in the slightest. They just preside in a different plane of being, and have the ability to occasionally exit the Sacred Realm.
Sorry, but it sounds like he believes they are alive even after they become sages. I thought Saria was killed by Moblins, Ruto killed by frost, Darunia by Volvagia, Impa died from
old age/Gannon[dorf]/Bongo Bongo, and Nabooru was turned into an Iron Knuckle [kinda] by Twinrova, but then you kill here on accident. (Or Twinrova finishes her off, I forgot what happens.)
I suppose they live on as a Sage, but their bodies are dead.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I forgot about that... But Saria doesn't have a fairy when she is awakened.
Also, i forgot. Mido And King Zora are sad at the Ceremony... hint hint.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I assume they all died off, as they all went into the temple they are associated with but ended up appearing in the Chamber of Sages with a dazed(?) look on their faces. Also, I recall a good half or so of the Sages saying something along the lines of not being able to interact with Link. I would assume that's because they are sages and sages can't 'touch' humans. But there's still a good chance that they died off because of the evils they encountered.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I was confused when I saw this, but now I understand. ;) I R smart smart

But I never actually thought they were dead. I thought that they were just stuck at the temple.

Presuming the credits were on the adult side, I remember seeing them all alive and together on the cliff before they 'spirited away' or whatever you want to call them turning into balls of light that look like their element. Probably just becoming a spirit to gain access to sacred realm or something. I haven't played OoT in a while, so I'm trying to remember though. I would have a hard time believing the credits were on the child side...

That's what I thought, at least. :)

If I'm completely off, so sorry.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
If they were dead, they wouldn't make very good sages. I was always under the impression they were just somewhere in the temple, probably watching over you.

Was it ever explained what happened to the original sages? (the group Rauru was part of?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom