• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Happened to the Kikwis?

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
In Skyward Sword, of the races they showed, the Kikwis, Mogmas, and Parella where new to the series, I'm wondering what happened to the Kikiws, why only Kikwis you may ask? Because the Parellas evolved into the Zoras, and the Mogmas either left Hyrule in search of a new land with new treasure, or maybe they just didn't pop out the ground again, there is that mole man from BS The Ancient Stone Tablets. So... What happened to the Kikwis?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Penguin Plants

Maybe they just died out. I mean, the forests of Zelda aren't really safe places and the Kikwi's only defence seems to be cowering in fear. Not exactly 'survival of the fittest' is it?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
In Skyward Sword, of the races they showed, the Kikwis, Mogmas, and Parella where new to the series, I'm wondering what happened to the Kikiws, why only Kikwis you may ask? Because the Parellas evolved into the Zoras, and the Mogmas either left Hyrule in search of a new land with new treasure, or maybe they just didn't pop out the ground again, there is that mole man from BS The Ancient Stone Tablets. So... What happened to the Kikwis?

What I bolded is not confirmed, it's only speculation. As far as Kikwis go, I think they may have just died off. Not much was said about them towards the end of the game, so theories could be made.

Big Octo

=^)
Between the era of SS and OoT, Kentucky Fried Kikwi was a booming franchise. :bleh:

As for a more serious answer, I guess it's safe to assume that they may have gone extinct via natural selection, we don't need to point fingers at evolution. Who knows, perhaps they did taste very good?

Skunk

Floof
I did appear that there where only 6 left, and none of them were girls :/

Seeing as the Kikwi are plant based organisms, it is highly unlikely that they need a mate to breed/ have offspring. The Kokiri probably have no relation to the Kikwi, but the Deku are very likely candidates for an evolutionary or magical transformational system of descendants. I say they became the Kikwi.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I have a theory that all forest races (Deku, Kokiri, Korok, Kikwi.) are just spirits, so it may be possible that the Kikwis morphed into Dekus, like the Kokiris changed into Koroks.

I don't think Kiwki's died off from lack of self-defense or anything, I mean, they had some sexy camouflage.

Anyways, I think it's safe to assume they have some ties to the arrival of the Kokiri. As to how that change would occur I don't know. Dare I say, mating with Skyloftians ?
Oh my.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
^ Kokiris are forest spirits I don't think they are the off-springs of Hylian+Kikiwis. @Big Octo, Got a bucket of Kiks? *Licks chaps*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom