• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What happened to rethinking "play by yourself"?

So, here's something I don't anyone recalls about what we were promised for what we know today as "Breath of the Wild".

One of the conventions Aonuma wanted to rethink was playing by ourselves. Obviously, that didn't happen, since we're still playing by ourselves in the game.
Admittedly, with The Wind Waker HD, we had the bottles where we send and receive messages via Miiverse (which doesn't exist anymore). Was that something they wanted to do with Breath of the Wild before they decide to make a Switch port AND Miiverse not being a thing on that system?

Do you think they were planning something like the bottles but had to drop it? What else do you think it meant by rethinking "play by yourself"?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I happened to love the Tingle bottles. It was one of the best parts about that game. A total missed opportunity by Nintendo. They should have some sort of social media like Miiverse on the Switch by now.

I bet they were never planning it, but it could hasve easily been dropped into BoTW and still can (For the switch exclusively), but I think it probably won't happen.

Next gfame, there's sure to be something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom