• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Happened to Other Ocranino

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I have to agree with Random Person, Link being a kid didn't keep the Fairy Ocaria anymore simply because he got a better one with the Ocarina of Time. He's not being mean or malicious, he's just being an irresponsible kid. From his perspective, he's got one ocarina made of wood that's just an instrument, and another one made of Timestone (I'm guessing, from the blue shade) that opens up the Door of Time, among other things, and he keeps the more powerful one. Again, he's not just a nice guy, I mean he breaks into people's houses, breaks their pots, steals their stuff in their chests, and abuses chickens (at least until they righteously retaliate), I wouldn't put it past him to just drop the ocarina his friend gave him, even if she did make it as a means of reminding him of her.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have to agree with Random Person, Link being a kid didn't keep the Fairy Ocaria anymore simply because he got a better one with the Ocarina of Time. He's not being mean or malicious, he's just being an irresponsible kid. From his perspective, he's got one ocarina made of wood that's just an instrument, and another one made of Timestone (I'm guessing, from the blue shade) that opens up the Door of Time, among other things, and he keeps the more powerful one. Again, he's not just a nice guy, I mean he breaks into people's houses, breaks their pots, steals their stuff in their chests, and abuses chickens (at least until they righteously retaliate), I wouldn't put it past him to just drop the ocarina his friend gave him, even if she did make it as a means of reminding him of her.

Yeah, I mean sometimes kids do stuff without thinking, so maybe you and random person are right.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Well if you want to talk about gifts, what happened to Link's Fighter Sword in ALttP,the one that his awesome stud of an uncle gave him (who goes trouncing off in the storm all alone to secretly enter the castle...no friends by his side...what an insanely awesome and noteworthy uncle and LoZ character). It's replaced with the MS after he collects the Pendants of Virtue...but what does "replaced" mean?

Did he just drop it off? Did the sword itself upgrade?

And a side note, as tribute to his ba uncle---why did that poor guy have to die? What caused him to die? I wish it would show Link missing his uncle more in the game. No remorse...
I am clearly emotionally and dramatically hung up on this :l

Does this have anything to do with Link having a childlike personality or outlook?

Edit: okay spoiler information there..just found out something about Link's uncle.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I assume he like, left it in his house somewhere. It doesn't seem like something he'd throw away. Maybe when he gives back the Ocarina of Time to Zelda at the end of the game, and gets sent back to his own time, he has the fairy ocarina there.

FYI, only the Ocarina of Time can control time. You can play the Song of Time on the fairy ocarina but I assume it wouldn't be able to open the Door of Time. It says on the podium behind the Spiritual Stones as a child 'Ye who owns Three Spiritual Stones stand here with the Ocarina of Time and play the Song of Time'. You can't find out for sure whether the Song of Storms would work on the Fairy Ocarina because you have to talk to the windmill guy as an adult to get the song, them time travel back as a kid and play it to him in the past to drain the well. However, because the song was written by the Composer Brothers, it probably would work on the Fairy Ocarina as well, as it seems the song itself is magical. I don't think that's true for the Song of Time. Saying that, the Fairy Ocarina is capable of making the Sun's Song work anyway, also a Composer Brothers song, so maybe that ocarina also contains some sort of magical power as well. You can talk to Saria with it at a distance presumably with some sort of magic, which definitely suggests that it's somewhat magical. But the Kokiri Forest seems to have residual magic about it and I would assume the Ocarina was made from materials there, given that nobody inside it is allowed to leave. Which is partially why I subscribe to the theory that the Ocarina of Time is made of timeshift stone, like the ones in Skyward Sword. It's the right sort of colour and has time-altering properties which the fairy ocarina lacks. Also it is capable therefore of opening the sacred realm.

i would never toss a present away even if my brother gave me one

416778_266268013449373_231597326916442_576532_710058023_n.jpg

He'd probably kept it with him even after he got the Ocarina of Time. I really don't think he'd throw the Fairy Ocarina away since Saria gave it to him. According to the manga version, Ganondorf took the Fairy Ocarina thinking it was the Ocarina of Time & destroyed it after finding out he got the wrong ocarina. But, since the manga's not canon, I assume Link kept the Fairy Ocarina since it was a gift anyway.

Also, should I consider WW Link a **** as well since he replaced the shield his grandma gave him with the Mirror Shield & replacing the sword Orca let him have with the Master Sword? (I heard he's using the old sword & shield again after beating Ganondorf, but I don't know if it's true or not.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom