• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Happened to Other Ocranino

in zelda ocarino of time the green hair girl gives him an ocarino but then zelda gives link the time ocarino but what happen to the other one because i think link tossed it away and this is nasty because that was a nice present from green hair girl i would never toss a present away even if my brother gave me one i asked my dad and he said that he did not know but think link keep it but i dont know

Sheik

:the:
Perhaps Link hid the old ocarina away to use as a replacement if the Ocarina of Time ever got destroyed or lost. It doesn't have the same magical time-twisting properties as the Ocarina of Time does, but ****, at least it's an ocarina.

Nah, I'm guessing he just threw it away.

I REALLT HATE LINK NOW THAT WAS A PRESNT..................i dont care that it couldnt make storms it was a present

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Um, relax Josh. It's not meant to be something you overthink. I'm pretty sure Link stopped using it so that it wouldn't be worn. Think of it this way, by switching to the Ocarina of Time, Link now can make sure that the Fairy Ocarina will not be damaged or anything.

Oh, and the Fairy Ocarina can also control Weather, just saying.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I doubt Link got rid of the fairy ocarina. Considering he's just about the nicest guy on the planet, it wouldn't be in his nature to just ditch something given to him by a friend. He probably just tucked it away and started using the Ocarina of Time because the fairy ocarina couldn't control time.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Is there anything to prove the fairy ocarina can't control time? As far as I can recall, we're never given the chance to test that, given that by the time link learns any songs that have magical properties, we already have the Ocarina of Time (aside from perhaps the song of storms? Haven't played OoT in a while).

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Ocarina of Time is the only thing that can open the Door of Time in the Temple of Time with the Song of Time to make you the Hero of Time. So therefore the Song of Timne would not work on Saria's Ocarina. Therefore he had good reason to stop using her ocarina, and after using it on the door he probably jsut kept using the time one because it showed his connection to the Royal Family and gave people hope and the Fairy one was probably too small for him as an adult and... yeah.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I doubt Link got rid of the fairy ocarina. Considering he's just about the nicest guy on the planet, it wouldn't be in his nature to just ditch something given to him by a friend. He probably just tucked it away and started using the Ocarina of Time because the fairy ocarina couldn't control time.

Uh, I can't help but feel there's some assumption here. Link helps people, sure, but he's also very mischievous and as a child he didn't always understand complicated subjects. (He had no idea Ruto wanted to marry him and that the Zora Sapphire was something precious from her).

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
He probably just keeps it on him. I mean, clearly he liked Saria in some way, and that Fairy Ocarina is a keepsake. This is the most logical scenario.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Uh, I can't help but feel there's some assumption here. Link helps people, sure, but he's also very mischievous and as a child he didn't always understand complicated subjects. (He had no idea Ruto wanted to marry him and that the Zora Sapphire was something precious from her).

Throwing away a gift isn't 'mischievous', it's mean. And since Link's a nice guy who will help people without motivation or knowing that person very well, so I just really don't see him doing something like that. And I don't think it's that he 'doesn't understand complicated subjects', but rather is oblivious to the world outside of the Kokiri forest. The Kokiri don't get married, so how would he have any idea of the significance of a 'wedding ring' or marriage? It makes sense that he wouldn't pick up on Ruto's romantic advances, seeing as he was raised by a tree and a race of children. I somehow doubt any of them would be able to educate him about romance. However, I'm sure he was educated on basic morality, and is easily able to differentiate right from wrong.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Throwing away a gift isn't 'mischievous', it's mean.

I didn't mean to imply that throwing away a gift was mischievous, I simply wanted to point out that Link is not perfect. In both OoT and MM, the latter of which he's supposed to be more mature, he's done things that a "nice guy" wouldn't do.

And since Link's a nice guy who will help people without motivation or knowing that person very well, so I just really don't see him doing something like that.

Again, I feel assumptions are being made. While it's true that Link helps a lot of people, we as the audience don't know why he's doing it. Twilight Princess Link seems more selfless as the early events of the game show he will help because of responsibility, not reward. SS Link seems a bit more selfish as he is seen as lazy until the adventure starts where helping someone is always promised a reward. With the Hero of Time, we really don't know. Many kids will agree to help because they want to be helpful, but some will also do it because they want attention or because they think what they're doing is cool. (I didn't want to mow the yard as a kid because I was being helpful, I wanted to do it because I thought it made me more of an adult). I don't think it's fair to assume Link selflessly wanted to help just because he helped a lot of people. Not saying he's selfish, just that it's possible he doesn't understand properly what it means to be mean so he just does what he wants to or what he's told.

And I don't think it's that he 'doesn't understand complicated subjects', but rather is oblivious to the world outside of the Kokiri forest. The Kokiri don't get married, so how would he have any idea of the significance of a 'wedding ring' or marriage? It makes sense that he wouldn't pick up on Ruto's romantic advances, seeing as he was raised by a tree and a race of children. I somehow doubt any of them would be able to educate him about romance. However, I'm sure he was educated on basic morality, and is easily able to differentiate right from wrong.

That is a good point. Link must also not grasp the concept of grave robbing, breaking and entering and more breaking, and other countless things he's done that any normal Person wouldn't (that's not sarcasm btw). But is that much more different than a child's mindset? Most children are oblivious to things they haven't experienced. Can we assume Link understood how much the ocarina meant to Saria when it's his first keepsake? Again, if Ruto said something was precious to her and he left it at the Temple of Time, why can we assume he wouldn't do the same thing to Saria's precious item?

I'm not saying Link simply abandoned the ocarina, but I don't think it's fair to eliminate that as a possibility because he's a "nice guy" when he's done plenty to show that he's not just a nice guy. It's possible that he's just a child with a child-like mindset. He could throw away the ocarina not because he's mean, but because he doesn't fully grasp its concept, like some children dont.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom