• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Happened to Lord Jabu-Jabu?

S

Snake

I'm not quite sure on the fact if Jabun is actually Jabu-Jabu, or his descendant. I think that Jabu-Jabu swam away when he learned of what happened at Zora's Domain and relocated himself so Ganondorf couldn't find him. Later on, he hid in a cave to hide from Ganondorf, where we find him in the Wind Waker

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
He leapt over that sluice just right in front of his platform to avoid being frozen fish-sticks...or whale-sticks, and it took him to an area outside our explorative boundaries. He lingered there for years until an endless rain blanketed Hyrule, flooded the land, and covered it all the way up to the mountains. His name was forgotten, and only whispers of it remained, except now he was Wind Waker's Jabun, and his appearance changed altogether since that's what his kind grew into.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Theres a massive chunk of ice where Lord Jabu- Jabu once was. He's most likely also frozen.
:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

H

Hero of Storms2

I guess he like jumps out of the water over the mountains into the Great Sea and only returns in OoA because he had to come up and make an appearance some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Well, I always thought he was either frozen by Ganon and broken into pieces (which is what adult Link jumps on to reach the Ice Cavern) or he just got away before Ganon did anything. :yes:

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I have Four Ideas
1:He died because link was slashing at his insides.
2: Died of old age
3:Ganondorf killed him
4:The weather was way to cold for Lord Jabu Jabu and he died of the cold.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
As far as I know, unfortunately, along with many other things that were supposed to be in OoT for the N64DD, Jabu-Jabu fell victim to the 32MB cartridge limit.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
I think it depends on whether you are looking for the signs he could be dead or alive or be Jabun. I believe he got frozen under the ice. Where did that big hill come from where Lord Jabu Jabu usually sits? It sure couldn't have just risen from the water and made a big slope. Looking at him being dead, I think Ganondorf killed him. I have not played WW but i think that Jabun could be a descendant of Lord Jabu Jabu. Jabu Jabu wasnt in the best state before or after you go into him, Maybe he just died. Think of all the creatures, monsters and spikes! no one could survive that. Except maybe...a whale.

Last edited:
M

MrEpicDoug

I always just figured that he died off at some point due to the freezing over of Zora's Domain. A big fresh water fish like him wont survive too well in frozen waters.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
He is worshipped as a god, as such this could quite well be the reason why he is not there, as either he has left for some reason, like he had important other business before Ganondorf actually attacked the Zora's and thus without his protection Ganondorf was able to attack them or with the triforce of power Jabu jabu knew he was no match for the power of one of the golden godesses. Anyone ever thought that maybe Jabu jabu is the wind fish from Link's awakening where your on the dream island?

The other option which is a very simple one, is that Ganondorf killed him, as I doubt nothing else would have been able to, though another question about Jabu (Sorry if this goes off topic slightly) is that Ganon had obviously gone inside of jabu to put that creature in him, so did he also use a fish to enter? or did his dark magic simply create the creature and didn't need to enter Jabu and that creature is what stops Jabu from eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom