• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Happened to Lord Jabu-Jabu?

Mikepoke101

Just Chilling.
I have always wondered this through my playthroughs of Ocarina of Time, but what happened to Lord Jabu-Jabu? He was saved by Link as a kid, But 7 years later when Link became an adult, he was gone.
I find this quite interesting and I want to know what you guys think happened to Lord Jabu-Jabu. (And yes I know the Zora's got trapped under the ice, but they did not say anything about Lord Jabu-Jabu)
What do you guys think?
:)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
He became fish sticks and sushi for Ganondorf's table.

I always assumed he was killed by Ganondorf or Ganondorf's forces in the Adult Timeline, while Link was sleeping.

Then again, if Wind Waker is the result of the Adult Timeline and Jabun is supposed to be Jabu-Jabu, he could have just swam away, out to sea or somewhere after the Zoras' Domain became corrupted. For a guardian/deity/patron, Jabu-Jabu never struck me as particularly bright.

I think he may have used some sort of magic to go to the "heavens" to stay safe from various dangers that happened during Link's time in the Temple of Time. After many years after the Great Flood he returned to the Earth to wait for WW Link.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'

I always assumed he was killed by Ganondorf or Ganondorf's forces in the Adult Timeline, while Link was sleeping.

Then again, if Wind Waker is the result of the Adult Timeline and Jabun is supposed to be Jabu-Jabu, he could have just swam away, out to sea or somewhere after the Zoras' Domain became corrupted. For a guardian/deity/patron, Jabu-Jabu never struck me as particularly bright.
Sushi is not a bad guess, to be honest; Ganondorf's reign was brutal and dictatorial, so it only makes sense that he would rid the Zoras of any sort of deity that they had. Not only because he wanted to demonstrate that he rules with an iron fist, but also because Jabu-Jabu is a highly-regarded figure amongst the Zoras, which diverts attention away from Ganondorf. I'd imagine that Jabu-Jabu died from the change in climate that Ganondorf imposed on Zora's Domain.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Jabu-Jabu being Jabun makes this difficult, since it would cause him to have to survive on the adult timeline of Ocarina of Time to make it to Wind Waker. Which can only mean one of two things:

1) Lord Jabu-Jabu went into hiding/went into a dormant state when Morpha took over the Water Temple. Then, when Zora's Domain eventually thawed, Jabu-Jabu either returned or came out of his dormant state to continue watching over the Zoras, eventually having his name changed to Jabun over the centuries spanning between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.

2) Jabun is not Lord Jabu-Jabu after all, but instead a descendant. Lord Jabu-Jabu laid an egg in Zora's Domain, and he was killed by Ganondorf when he attack Zora's Domain. The egg froze when Morpha took the Water Temple, but the egg survived and hatched after the thawing of Zora's Domain. The baby lord-fish-thing was Jabun, and grew up into the Jabun we see in Wind Waker.

Of the two, I would say that #2 is slightly more feasible, as there is not really a good place to hide from Ganondorf in Zora's Fountain if you are a giant lord-fish-thing.

H

harda toenail

Would have been amazing to see him out swimming around lake Hylia after beating the water temple.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Ganondorf is a very large man and probably needs allot of protein to maintain his weight so sushi is a good guess.

In my view, there are 2 possibilities. One is that he got frozen under water, and the other is that he fled to warmer climates. The last I think is less probable, but it's all up to speculation.

I personally think he is still there, but under that large ice sheet where he used to be. There is that glitch where you walk on the edge of it as an adult and you can still get inside of him, so that's why I think what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom