• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Happened to Ghirahim?

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
I just beat Skyward Sword, and I was wondering...what happened to Ghirahim in the end? I saw him go into Demise's sword...but then what? Did he die when Demise went into the Master Sword or something?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

This is the beginning of yet another aggravating mystery which probably won't be solved or resolved until official confirmation is released. To my knowledge the Hyrule Historia makes no mention of it. After all, Ghirahim was sucked into Demise's blade and then was no more. But what about after Demise fell in combat as well? He lay there, struggling to rise, grasping the hilt for support...and the sword just dematerialized into smoke and vanished. That one scene must've made thousands of fans raise an eyebrow, as it did me.

Notwithstanding, several possibilities exist:

1) Whenever Demise crumpled to the ground, he knew his end was near, so he sought to distract Link with warnings of what would come in the future while he actually purposed to transport his blade elsewhere, and before he was absorbed.
2. Ghirahim, still conscious in the "Anti-Master Sword," abandoned his master because it turned out he could be felled by a mere mortal.
3. Through a mental connection, Ghirahim and Demise collaborated that a personification of the latter's hatred would be aroused throughout coming generations. The blade would become his [Ganon's] once he happened upon it.
4. Ghirahim is unconscious in the sword, and is actually forever sleeping, just like Fi was, but his master transported it away anyhow for his reincarnation.
5. Finally, Nintendo simply wanted the weapon removed and saved for a later title, and they'd tie the actual events into the story of that, possibly bringing Ghirahim back, or at least showing some sentient thought emanate from the blade.

Again, I have no evidence to substantiate any of this, as we can only conjecture the factual occurrences therein. But we do know Ghirahim was vacuumed into the Anti-Master Sword, and that he could be lying dormant there. The real conundrum, though, comes from what became of the sword he's housed in...

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

This is the beginning of yet another aggravating mystery which probably won't be solved or resolved until official confirmation is released. To my knowledge the Hyrule Historia makes no mention of it. After all, Ghirahim was sucked into Demise's blade and then was no more. But what about after Demise fell in combat as well? He lay there, struggling to rise, grasping the hilt for support...and the sword just dematerialized into smoke and vanished. That one scene must've made thousands of fans raise an eyebrow, as it did me.

Notwithstanding, several possibilities exist:

1) Whenever Demise crumpled to the ground, he knew his end was near, so he sought to distract Link with warnings of what would come in the future while he actually purposed to transport his blade elsewhere, and before he was absorbed.
2. Ghirahim, still conscious in the "Anti-Master Sword," abandoned his master because it turned out he could be felled by a mere mortal.
3. Through a mental connection, Ghirahim and Demise collaborated that a personification of the latter's hatred would be aroused throughout coming generations. The blade would become his [Ganon's] once he happened upon it.
4. Ghirahim is unconscious in the sword, and is actually forever sleeping, just like Fi was, but his master transported it away anyhow for his reincarnation.
5. Finally, Nintendo simply wanted the weapon removed and saved for a later title, and they'd tie the actual events into the story of that, possibly bringing Ghirahim back, or at least showing some sentient thought emanate from the blade.

Again, I have no evidence to substantiate any of this, as we can only conjecture the factual occurrences therein. But we do know Ghirahim was vacuumed into the Anti-Master Sword, and that he could be lying dormant there. The real conundrum, though, comes from what became of the sword he's housed in...

The above seems to sum things up, in my opinion. I'd like to think he is tied to Dark Link somehow, but I don't have much, if anything, to support that.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Well, I really just thought up of Theorus' third theory when I completed Skyward sword, so that's what I believe happened, I only have one thing that might back it up, although they might be another thing that goes against this, but I think that Ganondorf's particle warp thing in TP may be the reincarnated version of Ghirahim's diamond warp thing. Only a possibility, but it might make sense.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The cutscene doesn't show Ghirahim leaving the sword. It only shows how the sword disappeared and felt into the ground. I believe Ghirahim his time was over like the same as Fi's. I think he is in an eternal sleep in the anti Mastersword until he will be waken up again

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I think he was trapped inside demise when he was sucked into the sword and they both died, or whatever happened inside that sword... ah well... all the mysteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom