• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What happen to Skyloft?

in my headcanon in the childtimeline and adult timeline is where the Oocca lives in fallen hero timeline skyloft became a place where sects worship Ganon and Demise

Didn't Skyloft crash to the surface? I'm pretty sure the City in the Sky is different, although the same magic. Same with the Palace of Winds/Vaati's Palace in TMC/FS/FSA. In the adult timeline, I don't think there are cloud magic sky cities in the canon. But that could be where the Room of Rites is in the OOX games, which is linked to Ganon and his followers, and there are some non-canon manga that include Ganon's followers coming from unknown kingdoms like Moria and Calatia. Maybe those are in the sky.

I always thought that over the years, everyone decided to live on the surface and because of that, Skyloft no longer had a reason to stay up there. I'm guessing it just came down like the one section with the goddess statue and joined the rest of Hyrule. The main part of Skyloft probably became Castle Town in Minish Cap many years later. As for City in the Sky, I always thought it was different from Skyloft. It's more like a technological structure. Given how the Oocca are the oldest race in Hyrule, they probably were up there long before Skyward Sword's backstory, probably hidden from Skyloft. Anyway, the sky areas in the Four Swords trilogy are mostly clouds you can walk on, but then there's a floating structure that's held up the same way as Skyloft. The palace used to belong to the wind tribe, and maybe they created and settled there similar to what their Skyloftian ancestors once did.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I don't think the Wind Tribe were from or related to Skyloft. They probably used a similar process to ascend, however. I could see the City of the Sky being Skyloft (and I almost feel like it was suggested in Hyrule Historia). I do believe most of the humans descended to the surface, however.

As I see it, the as the magic holding the island aloft began to fade, the people started using technology to keep it in teh air. As time went on, chunks of it fell any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom