• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Graphics/controls Will Work Best on the 3ds?

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
I, personally would love to see either wind wakers or skyward sword's graphics put on the 3ds. Both are colorful and smooth and would look amazing on the 3ds, and although i loved twilight princess's graphics i think they would turn out jagged on the 3ds. As for controls, I would like them to get rid of the top down touchscreen stylus controls. I think if nintendo sticks with a single circle pad for the next game, then it will play great. If they add two circle pads, than i feel nintendo will try to exaggerate the power of the second one and add un necesary controls. What do you guys think?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What will work best on the 3DS? Well, we haven't seen too many art styles, but the graphics should obviously be pushed to the max, whatever the 3DS' capabilities are. This doesn't mean the game has to use a certain art style, just needs to make it as crisp and as beautiful as it possibly can. :3

As for controls, the control method exhibited in Ocarina of Time 3D is very much the best. It's traditional to the point where people practically cannot be alienated by it, and there is no gimmick like Skyward Sword's motion control or Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks's touch controls. I don't think Nintendo will be foolish enough to return to touch controls, after they had been largely panned ;p

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The New OoT graphics work fine and tWW's could work too. I doubt it'd pull off TP's well though.

Kirino

Tatakae
OoT3D graphics work well enough, and I like WW graphics too. I think a new art style would be good for an original Zelda game on the 3DS. As for controls, definitely button controls. Button controls should have been avaliable in PH.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Should I ever get a 3ds, I would pass on a Zelda title that used the PH control scheme. Belch.

T

TimeRider

I personally like the controls of OoT 3D. I like the circle pad and not having to necessarily use the stylus to play (party because I don't have a stylus...) I also like the option of moving the system to aim like the sling-shot and bow and arrow.

As for the graphics, OoT were great as was SS.. These should be brought back in future games ;)

I really wouldnt like to see SS's style return (my nightmare for a 3DS game is a direct sequel like PH and ST were to WW)

But the 3DS is an awesome console and is capable of so much, it really is underrated so like a home console game its a mystery as to what Zelda3DS is going to look like, i dont think contorls will be much different from OoT3D though, a non-gimmick touch screen for extra items and optional gyro controls were fine with me and the game will be of home console standard like OoT 3D so no more top down stylus crap.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Since Nintendo released PH on the DS I always thought that the Cel Shaded graphics are perfect for handheld, this way they the graphics will be better suited for the lower resolution graphics on the DS.

However when Ocarina of Time 3D was released on the 3DS it showed us that Nintendo's newest edition of its handheld can have great graphics and even match the Wii on quality! With this in mind if Nintendo are going to make a brand new game it would look great with Ocarina 3D graphics but this may not suit the casual audiences that Nintendo have been aiming at with the likes of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. So am not sure what Nintendo will do next Graphic wise but I thinking Majoras Mask 3D is released then the all new Zelda game should follow the same pattern as PH and ST :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
For controls, I would like Oot3D's controls, but with optional Circle Pad Pro support. For graphics, I think something a little less cartoony than Skyward Sword, and darker also. But not a full on attempt at realism.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I think OoT's controls were pretty good, but I still think they could improve a little on the item switching. I like the fact that you don't have to use a stylus. When I played PH and ST the stylus was always a bit awkward for me.

As for the graphics I think Cel-shading's the best. It just makes sense to me, although more realistic graphics would be interesting to see. I'd be totally content with cel-shading though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Mainly I just want to see a good use of the touch screen, but not have it be a part of the core gameplay. I like taking notes of my map, and I liked the inventory in OoT 3D, but it would probably wind up being a hassle making it a strong focus point. I would mind having to take out the stylus for puzzles like the rewiring parts of Resident Evil: Revelations, as you have to stop moving to do those, but no extreme use while on the move.

On somewhat of a tangent, I'd like to see precision swinging remain a part of the combat. There'd only be three options (horizontal, vertical, and thrusting), but that's still better than mindless button mashing. I mention this due to the fact that the analog stick (or in the 3DS's case, the circle pad) is key to executing these kind of attacks, so it is relative to the controls.

Precision swinging was something I was disappointed the GameCube games didn't take advantage of, as it automatically requires more thought and reaction skills, so that's one reason I was stoked that SS finally added it in. It's an evolution the combat needed, so it's obviously something that needs to stay.

Personally, I would prefer they used cel-shading again, but I don't see that happening again. We'll probably get button controls + OoT3D art style.

I want there to be another wind waker style adventure but maybe in the sky or Link's sister gets captured by evil zoras under a spell by ganon and Link has to journey to get access to the Zora suit and then have to go down to an underwater world of Zoras in the ocean and defeat the Evil Zora kings to get to Ganon and save his sister.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom