• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What genres would you like to explore more of

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
What are some genres that you have minimal experience w/ that you'd like to play more of?

Ever since I played the Burnout games, I've been wondering about other racing games that I may like, aside the typical mascot racers. I've also somewhat been thinking about FPS's since the last one I played was Call of Duty Black Ops many years ago, discounting Bioshock and Metroid Prime. I'm back and forth on it though.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Same here, as far as FPSs go. The only one I've played extensively in the past several years or so is Apex Legends, and that's a battle royale rather than a dedicated FPS, per se.

Other than that, hack and slash games, though they're not really a genre as much as a style of game, I suppose. Devil May Cry, God of War, and Onimusha are the first to come to mind.

I'd be interested in trying out more first person games and have a couple on my Steam account to try out later. A big turn off for me is that first person games are what I believe pioneered those dumb left is left right is right camera controls, and most don't offer the inversion setting whatsoever. First person gives you a lot more blindspots so camera controls are even more vital.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Ideally, the immersive space sim. I'm a sucker for stuff like Elite Dangerous, but the modern entries in the genre tend to feel overcomplicated (or they're the mess that is Star Citizen). I like me some immersive space exploration and controls, but sometimes it feels like a genre only I'm into.

Fighting games. Every time I get a new fighting game, I tell myself "This is the one! I'm gonna get really into this one and actually get good at a fighter!" but then after 10 hours of playtime I just kind of lose interest.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'd like to get into more RPGs, stuff along the lines of Miitopia and Bug Fables. I've heard Paper Mario is a good place to go for those, so I'll probably get the OG on my Wii U. Also would like to play more metroidvanias, I had a blast with Super Metroid, but I would need to be better at figuring out obscure stuff in games before I really go down that road.

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
Probably rougelike, I have seen dead cells and that looks cool, but I ultimately decided to skip it for the Christmas season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom