• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What genres of music do you like?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The world of music is vast. No single person will ever, in a hundred lifetimes, listen to the entirety of the world's musical library. There are so many genres and so many subgenres that it's impossible to list them all.

My question to you, wonderful people of the forum, is what genres of music do you find yourself gravitating to the most? Are you into pop? Maybe you're a metalhead? Or are you a jazz cat? Maybe you like styles that are a bit more obscure in the western world.

As for myself, my favourite genre to listen to is jazz, particularly contemporary jazz and fusion. However, I also listen to a lot of rock and metal as well as all the pop radio hits and Latin music from Africa and Latin America.

So what about y'all? D I S C U S S !

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I like all american rejects, simple plan, r5, mcfly, old busted, blue, maroon 5, ruslana... quite an strange mix...

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Oh, a lot.

Mostly metal. I love progressive metal / rock (Opeth, Mastodon) and progressive metalcore and metal with the 'djent' label on them. (Vildhjarta, Uneven Structure, Periphery) I also like old school bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden as well as more modern, groovy bands. (Gojira etc.)

I like sad British dudes with falsetto (Anything Steven Wilson, Radiohead, The Pineapple Thief, old Coldplay)

Anything k-scope

I love my famous pop ladies like Tove Lo, Lorde and some k-pop as well.

Witch House

Other miscellaneous music and bands I like is Birdy, iamamiwhoami and ionnalee, Daughter, Full of Keys and Glass Face

Also special shoutout to my man Daniel Tompkins, that turns everything he touches to gold.

Oh, a lot.

Mostly metal. I love progressive metal / rock (Opeth, Mastodon) and progressive metalcore and metal with the 'djent' label on them. (Vildhjarta, Uneven Structure, Periphery) I also like old school bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden as well as more modern, groovy bands. (Gojira etc.)

I like sad British dudes with falsetto (Anything Steven Wilson, Radiohead, The Pineapple Thief, old Coldplay)

Anything k-scope

I love my famous pop ladies like Tove Lo, Lorde and some k-pop as well.

Witch House

Other miscellaneous music and bands I like is Birdy, iamamiwhoami and ionnalee, Daughter, Full of Keys and Glass Face

Also special shoutout to my man Daniel Tompkins, that turns everything he touches to gold.

Sad British dudes make the best and most genuine sounding music. MDB and Anathema <3

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
music is so complicated I don't know where some of the genres end/start :psyduck:
and they fuse stuff so much

I guess I could say I like Jazz, Blues, Soul, R&B, Funk, Ska, Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Electronic...

to some degree reggae and classical

Are indie, experimental, and ambient music considered real genres though
I kinda like those too

mostly in english/portuguese because I like to understand what I hear without needing to rely on some janky translation

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
For me, it really depends on the song, not the genre. My favorites are classic rock/soft rock/prog rock. (Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Rush.) I mostly like older stuff.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I listen to blues, rock, classical, jazz, some country, folk, and my favorite, metal.

I mostly prefer artists that play real instruments.

My all time favorite band is Iron Maiden, and for my second favorite, King Diamond.

I will give anything a chance, but I immediately get a sour taste in my mouth if the bass is synthetic, the drums are sampled and time-aligned, and the singer has auto-tune to correct an inferior performance.

Especially if it's a metal band, which does happen.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I’m pretty all over the place. I mainly listen to metalcore and nu metal. You can slap nu metalcore into that too since apparently that’s a thing.

I mainly don’t listen to genres though. Good music is just good music to me. For the sake of this thread though I’ll just list off every genre that I listen to off the top of my head (and I’m not gonna go like progressive metal, progressive metalcore, progressive rock or anything like that since that would make this list ridiculous). Deathcore, Metalcore, Nu Metal, Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash, Progressive, Djent, Experimental, Pop Punk, Post Hardcore, Hardcore Punk, Punk Rock, Emo, Hip-hop, electronic, R&B, Pop, Jazz, J-pop, Arabic, Latin, Symphonic, Industrial. Pretty much everything I listen to falls into one of those categories. I could have been a lot more ridiculous with that list but I’m just gonna leave it at that lol

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Pop music I think? I’m not very good at figuring out what songs lie in what genre.

I love circles by post Malone, memories, dance monkey, faded by Alan walker, trampoline, fight song, Mai tais, soul sister, Africa, don’t start now, nice to meet ya, high hopes, bones, nice bouncy stuff like that.

I don’t like rap because usually they tend to swear so much, and I don’t like that

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Rock/metal (post-grunge, alt metal, and some pop rock) and electronic (DnB, chillstep, and house), and hip-hop instead of straight up gangsta rap if I'm in the mood.

I like metal mainly, huge early Metallica fan some punk and grunge but also like progressive rock , 70's acid
rock bands like Hawkwind oh and not forgetting The Doors.

I like a lot of genres...
I like classic rock (Fleetwood Mac, Creedancd Clearwater Revival)
Modern Rock (Black Keys, Modest Mouse)
Punk (Bad Religion, Green Day)
Folk (First Aid Kit, Bright Eyes)
90's Rap (Wu-Tang Clan, Nas)
Underground Rap (Aesop Rock, MF Doom)
Pop (Carly Rae Jepsen, Lorde)
Alternative (The National, St. Vincent)
Jazz (Miles Davis, John Coltrane)
Soul (Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding)
Electronic/House (Todd Terje, Daft Punk)

I also enjoy country, metal and classical but I haven't spent much time with those genres
I'm not a fan of dubstep or trap music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom