• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Games Do You Want/Recommend for the 3DS?

Nicole

luke is my wife
My apologies if there is another thread like this. I haven't found one, though.

With the release of the 3DS, there are plenty of new games planned for the summer. We've all heard about OoT 3D, and I hear a new Kid Icarus game is set to release this summer, as well as Paper Mario, and some others.

What 3DS games are you excited for this summer?

And what current DS games do you still want for the 3DS?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well I do have two of them. Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars 3D is one of them. I do highly recommend that, if it's your thing. It was very well done. And played great on the system using mainly the button controls. It worked well.
I also have Steel Diver, I highly DO NOT recommend that. It's another Nintendo gimmick game. It relies extremely heavily on the touch screen controls and they were very poorly done. It's about controlling a submarine, and the controls make it next to impossible to control it. You repeatedly find yourself in situations where you need to use two controls at once, but with touch screens you obviously can only do one at a time. So therefore it's almost impossible to advance. And forget aiming at other subs. You never will get a good shot. Just another example where bad was done by not practically utilizing the available buttons and instead just going for the gimmick.

That's all I have. There's nothing out now that appeals me at all, but later I intend to get Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, I expect it to be just as good. And then Zoo Mania, I don't know what to expect there. And then of course OoT 3D. That will be good.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Here is a list of 3DS games I have played or owned.

Pilotwing Resort - Pilotwings is really fun and it would take a while to 100% this game as you have 250+ items to find and some of them are really hard to find. There arn't many levels, but as I said before they are very hard to complete 100%. This is a really fun game and it probably worth $30

Steel Diver - This game is relatively short and also really fun. It takes only 2-3 hours to get to hard mode and another couple hours to beat expert mode. It is a good game, but it is not worth $40.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition - If you like fighters, GET IT. This game is the best portable fighter ever

Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars. If you like Lego Star Wars or action adventure game this is a great game. Even if you have this game on a home console or DS it is a completely different game.

Street Fighter IV is a must for anyone who likes fighters. You've got 30 characters to play with, HD graphics, spot-on control, memorable music (particularly the remix of Guile's theme), and many things to collect. You can unlock banners, icons, and figures, and there's over 100 of each in their respective categories. The roster has the original cast members like Ryu, Ken, M. Bison, Akuma, Vega, Sagat, E. Honda, Cammy, Chun-Li, Zangief, etc. Then there's some new characters like C. Viper (an undercover CIA agent) and Abel (amnesiac French fighter.) Oh, and two worthy mentions are Guy and Cody from the Final Fight series, if anybody remembers who they are. Also, in the event that you don't want to break your circle-pad or D-pad, Capcom has allocated some special moves from a ridiculous button combo to a simple tap on the touch-screen; of course this can be good and bad; it makes super moves more accessible, but puts the Hadoken right into the hands of spammers.
Overall it's a great game for anyone who loves a good fighting game.

If i do get a 3DS these are the games i want...
Ocarina of Time 3D
Splinter Cell Conviction 3D
Metal Gear Solid Snake eater
and of Kid Icarus 3D
also i want to get link's awakening on the E shop(or whatever it is called)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Splinter Cell Conviction 3D

I don't know if you know this or not, but it's actually Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Which by the way is part 3 of the series hence why it's called Splinter Cell 3D. But it does carry over some things from Conviction and changed the gameplay to take advantage of what the 3DS has to offer.

Back onto the topic, I recommend the only game I own on the 3DS so far, which is Super Street Fighter IV 3D. It's really fun and I'm really enjoying it. It's new features are amazing mostly the way it looks in 3D and the 3D mode which you see the character from behind the shoulder. The gameplay is perfect and can also be made simple for those who can't really figure out the gameplay. Street Fighter is already a good series and is really good on 3DS. The designs kind of put me off in the IV series of the games but I'm just glad that they don't look as massive as they do on a TV. Overall it's a very good fighting experience on the 3DS to play every now and then. If you have a 3DS pick this up..... Well why are you still here?.....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:P

Well I'm enjoying my 3DS right now, I'm finally playing Spirit Tracks and I'm finally able to play some DS games I never got to play before any major 3DS titles release. Street Fighter is fun and I'm looking forward to...

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Super Mario 3DS
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 3D

I still need to hear more about...

Assassin's Creed Lost Legacy
Blood Rayne the Shroud
Saint's Row Drive By

And I'm not sure about...

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater Naked Sample
Kid Icarus Uprising

Yet.

I actually have some money towards Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D. I'm just happy that Zelda and possibly Resident Evil Mercenaries come out on my birthday month. I'm still thinking if I should pick up Pilot Wings and Splinter Cell 3D, maybe when they're cheaper. Not much of a big deal for me right now.

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I can't recommend any 3DS games since I haven't played any yet, but the ones I do want are

Ocarina of Time 3D (I should probably pre-order that one)
Paper Mario
Super Mario 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
Rayman (possibly)
Street Fighter (maybe)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

From what I've heard, the best game that's already come out is Super Street Fighter IV. I have a 3DS but no games because everything I want has yet to come out. Of course, there's Ocarina of Time 3D, and I also plan on getting StarFox 64 3D, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and the upcoming Super Mario game - not the spin-offs, though, since I'm not into those, but Mario Kart and Paper Mario are worth noting. A few other things that look pretty good include Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. Then there's Megaman Legends 3 and the port of Tales of the Abyss both of which I'm likely to play, although the former might not come out at all, and the latter might end up being Japan-exclusive, which would suck since the 3DS is region blocked. (Darn region blocking. :'( )

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Believe it or not, Samurai Warriors Chronicles is actually fun to me. good if you like button mashing, japanese voice acting and characterization. otherwise, street fighter 4 3d.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Not really one the system itself but on it's VC.

LoZ: OoX and LA those are also the only I've never played/ beaten.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Only five games come into play:

Starfox 3D
OoT 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Street Fighter IV
Pilotwings Resort

They're games that I'm planning to buy and own, but as of now, I'm scrapping the bottom of the barrel by saving money to buy the 3DS first.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Believe it or not, Samurai Warriors Chronicles is actually fun to me. good if you like button mashing, japanese voice acting and characterization. otherwise, street fighter 4 3d.

My brother got samurai warriors and it is awesome!!! I love all the combos and the fact that all the weapons are over the top! But I prefer SSFIV:3DE that is very fun and Akuma is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom