• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What games appealed to you when you were young?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
So when I was in elementary school, I guess you can say I was attracted to more cartoony looking games. I mean take a look at what I had back then: Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Pac Man World 2, Billy Hatcher, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 [both only rented though], Rayman 3, you get the picture. But as I grew a bit in late elementary, I became more open to trying out different kinds of games. Somewhat, I still defaulted to licensed games or cartoonish games for the most part. Then during the Wii era, I kinda became more closed off to just purely Mario/Nintendo games, which is funny to think about that I was a bit more experimental as a kid than I was as a teenager. The only M rated games I'd bother w/ back then were GTA and Metal Gear, though I did enjoy Modern Warfare 2 in middle school.
Though now that I think about it, I probably just stuck w/ Nintendo games b/c my parents would get me games less and less as I got older, so if I only got a game every once in a while, I'd rather it be a safe one.

Anyways, what kind of games did you get when you were younger? How much of your tastes changed from childhood to teens?

The games I played back in my early days are still the same games I play now, my tastes haven't changed.

I grew up with Nintendo and I'm still playing Nintendo games to this day. I do enjoy my PS consoles but honestly the magic isnt there in the majority of games I play on Sony systems.

The original Zelda is my earliest memory and 30 years later I'm still playing Zelda.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
When I was a kid most of the games I played were from the Mario series, Donkey Kong series, or Ratchet and Clank series. I didn't really get into Zelda until I was in high school as I was never really introduced to it as a younger child. These days I don't play as many games as I used to and generally mario games have fallen off my radar for the most part, but I am still interested in the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom