• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Was It That Got You into Gaming?

I started gaming as a very young lad, playing Super Mario Bros. for the NES, and Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. The Nintendo was technically my sister's, but I still played it when I could. From there, I moved on to Super Mario Bros. 3, but the really big thing that got me into gaming hard was the Sega Genesis.

When I finally got my own system, which was the Genesis, Sonic 2 came with it. I was about 4 years old at that time, and learned everything about that game. To this day, I still have every level mapped out in my head, and will take the level select code to my grave. From there, I just played Mortal Kombat and Sonic a lot. I also played Link's Awakening on the Gameboy as much as I could.

So really, it was a combination of a lot of games at once. The Sega was the big hit, but it started with the NES and GB. Good ole Mario and Zelda. (and Tetris too).

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The game That got me into Gaming is... The Legend of Zelda(Original)

By the time i was 6, My dad gave his NES to me on my birthday.(i have absolutely no idea how or when he got it.)
At first i thought it was a piece of junk :dry:, but it turns out it was really fun and addictive. i loved the excitement, the unexpected tough opponents, the creepy Old man (i was 6, sue me).

Today i still can't believe it still works. :S (It was even more freaky when my N64 Didn't break for 12 year even though i hacked it numerous times)

The Legend of Zelda was the spark that made me love video games.:)

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
The game that got me into it was Pokemon Gold. I remember getting the game included in my Gameboy Color packaging. The content in the game was what kept me playing it.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I'm quite surprised at the number of people who got into gaming because of Pokemon. I was never a fan of that series, possibly because I was too old for the target demographic at the time of its release, or possibly because I worked in a comic shop that sold the cards, and was driven batty by the amount of people buying them. :)

Regardless, despite my dislike for the series, I am glad that is seems to have reached a certain audience and brought so many people into the fold of video games. I find that quite impressive.

(And just to clarify, I am by no means saying anyone here is wrong in liking the series, it's just not my thing!)

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
my first system was the SNES and after a few years, man my library grew... aside from that was the sega genesis and that was cuz my cousin had it... so my first games were Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog...

so those got me into gaming but i also had a game called Mystic Quest by Square (when they were Squaresoft) and this game got me really into adventure games... but soon after that i got Crono Trigger and this is the very first game that completely blew me away it is the only game that i compare to the Zelda series when it comes to story, adventure, and feeling. Then came Mario RPG and after that i knew i was an RPG player

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
The first game that got me into game was, of course, The Legend of Zelda for the NES. I got it when I was very, very young. I was almost 2 years old (yes, YOUNG), but I could comprehend things and speak well. Of course, my dad helped me (a lot) and read it to me. He even read the instruction booklet to me so that I'd understand the story. It sparked my love of the series as well as gaming in general... probably because it's a fairytale, and I was and still am very fond of them.

octorok74

TETTAC
The first game that I played was Super Mario Bros. for the GBC. The game got boring and so my aunt got me OoA and that definitely got me into gaming.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
The game that got me into gaming, well it was probably Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and that was probably about 10 years ago (yes I was 3 or 4 when I played it), but it was my brothers, and he's not the best "sharer". So I didn't get to play it that much.

K

kirbykid45

A couple years ago I got a game boy adsvance WSP and so did my sister. she got pokemon Sapphire, and i got ruby. ever since i've loved video games.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
My first game was Sonic 2 for the Genesis, but what really got me into gaming was the first game I've ever beaten. After that, video games became a big part of my life.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
The game that made me feell like a Gamer...was A bug's lfe for N64. I was little, but I played and played and suddenly I found myself buying other games and becoming a
full gamer. Then I became a Zelda fan, but that's another story.

silent lion

ReDead
Oh, mine was, without a doubt, Mario64. I got an N64 when I was 8 and never came off the thing. *hugs N64* good times, good times. We got Turok2 and Lylat Wars with it too, they were awesome.

B

Bodo

Jet Force Gemini. Nobody I talk to has ever heard of that game, but it remains one of my favourites to this day. There are few things quite as satisfying as the boom of a tri-rocket launcher and the splat of rainbow blood. It was the very first video game that I bought with my own money.

Ocarina of Time soon followed as a birthday present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom