• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Was It That Got You into Gaming?

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Sonic the Hedgehog for Sega Genesis.

Lots of good memories there, first video game I ever played. Me and one of my best childhood friends would play Sonic 1 and 2 every day, and this was when we were like...4/5? By the time we were 6/7 years old we almost beat the game, Chaos Emeralds and all. We never did beat it, but we got pretty close. I still haven't beat it...and I don't talk to him much anymore, he had to move a while back. I guess I owe it to him that I'm a core gamer. Otherwise I'd be...NORMAL. o_O

Guardian

The Chosen One
Hmmm thats a very good question. That would have to be when i first got my ps1. The only game i had with it was the first ever crash bandicoot game. I really liked it and it got me into gaming hardcore from then on.

Z

Zelda Hunter

Believe it or not, it was Ocarina of Time. I couldn't stop replaying the first three dungeons of the game; but I eventually completed the game... six years after I started the game.

The first game that got me hooked was for N.E.S. and it was called RYGAR. I would play it daily, it didn't have a save option so I was restarting it over and over. No matter how early I'd start to play I would get stuck against the same boss. :xd:

That faded, and once I was out of it, I was out of games, till one Saturday morning. When I saw a Nintedomanía walktrough to release the carpenters from the Gerudo Fortress, inside of me grew a lot of interest for that game. I keep on seeing the Tv Show, if only to see more of this game. I learnt then what was it called so I could ask it for a birthday present.

This game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
For christmas a long time ago (I think I was 8-9), when GameCubes first came out, I asked for a purple GameCube. I got the system and it came with Super Mario Sunshine. I fell in love. It was like a new world had been revealed! Needless to say, I played oot a few short months after on my bro's N64 and fell twice as hard in love ;)

R

ResidentZelda

Well the game that got me into gaming was Bug's Life for the N64 XD lol before that I used to play only Barbies. haha.

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
Watching my dad play video games on the play station when I was about 4 or 5. It was a Teen rated fighting game and some times I would play it on my own. Pokemon red was my first personal game that got me into video gaming. Never completed it because it was in Japanese.... still have it though!

Claire

The Geekette
The first video game I ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Game Gear. My father actually purchased the Sega Game Gear around the time of my birth, along with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and a few other games. After new handhelds were released, he eventually handed the Game Gear down to me.

It really was addicting growing up, because at that age (being around 5 years old), the puzzles were incredibly challenging that it kept me drawn in until I could complete the game. My introduction to gaming was through Sega and Sonic, and quite frankly - I still think it is a good game, because if it wasn't I probably wouldn't have kept an interest in gaming and the gaming community. The first few games after that were Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pokemon titles.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Definetly Zelda OoT. It was the very first game I ever played. It was so good that it was the best game I have ever played in my life. Ever. Of course, I also had the original Mario Party, and Glover. They gave my gaming gauge a little boost.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
The first game that I played was Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64, I use to watch my oldest brother play for countless hours, solving all the puzzles by himself, then I got into the Legend of Zelda series, and played Majora's Mask.

Ocarina of Time was such a legendary game, I played it for many hours a day, even thought I only ever got up to Dodongo's Cavern, then I'd restart, or I'd just ride on Epona in my brother's save file. Ocarina of Time got me into playing games, then I played things like Mario Party and Pokemon Blue, Red & Yellow.

I'll never forget the first time I defeated Ganon in my own save file, I can remember from right here what clothes I was wearing, what today it was, and how great I felt.

C

c-dub1

the game that got me into gaming had to be pokemon red. I played it non stop and I have been hooked on games ever since.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Yoshi's Island. I LOVED that game and it's the first game I can actually remember playing. I remember playing Nintendo games, of course, but Yoshi's Island was always the one that I played more than the others.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, there were two games that got me into gaming. First was that, when I was six, I got a Yellow GameBoy Color with Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Pinball. Those got me into gaming, but my cousins had/still have a N64 and SNES. I didn't much care for the SNES (I kinda do now, but I'm kinda 800 miles away from them...), and I would play on the Nintendo 64. The games I mainly played were Super Mario 64, Pokemon Stadium, and Donkey Kong 64. I would play them, even though I had no idea what the heck I was doing. I remember Bowser's intimidating laugh would scare me. Sadly, at the time, I didn't even think of picking up a Zelda game. >.> I didn't think that they were "colorful" enough, or wasn't as exciting as the Mario games. Then, in '07, I bought a N64 off of a friend, and it came with Ocarina of Time. I played it, I fell in love with it, I joined Zelda Dungeon, and look at me now!

S

Sword of Faith

The game the got me into Gaming was Pokemon Ruby. I remember turning it on, seeing a Zigzagoon and thinking "What the heck? Is this like that fake Pokemon game I bought? (Pokemon Jade and Pokemon Diamond- The Latter name was taken for the 5th Gen game)".

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
My first game was Pokemon Blue, me and my older sister both got a gameboy, and she got Red and Super Mario Bros Deluxe and I just got Blue. I had no idea what I was doing at first, I remember evolving my Bulbasaur (who I picked because it was the first ball I tried) into an Ivysaur on Route 1 cause I had no idea where to go:lol: Somehow I managed to understand it and I got to Cinnibar before something happened & I had to restart. But I had gotten Red too at this point & got to the Elite 4, but couldn't beat them.

Then I got Pokemon Yellow, the first game I beat from start to finish, I remember the joy I felt when I beat Gary at the end. This is the game that I consider the one that truely got me into games, with Blue just kickstarting a love of the Pokemon games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom