• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Was It That Got You into Gaming?

As the title says What is the game that got you gaming, Maybe on an old console game or in an arcade.

Mine is probably Pokemon Yellow, I remember I used to play on that game all the time, I was a huge Pokemon fan back then and it was all I used to play. It is not even the first game I played, I think that the first game I ever played was probably Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 or Mario Kart on the N64. I actually still own my original copy of Pokemon Yellow, I let my cousin borrow it until he finished it.

I am pretty sure that there is not a thread and I did not find one sooooo

Well, my first game was a Disney game for the GBC, but that didn't really get my INTO gaming. My first had to be Pokemon Blue. I found it in a hotel room and started playing, I was instantly hooked. I had over 150 hours on my first file. Gosh I have such great memories of that game.

I'm pretty sure it was Link's Awakening. Me and my brother were given an original Gameboy a long time ago, with a bunch of games. LA was with it, and me and my brother spent a lot of time getting through it. I was very young, but I managed to finally get to the egg and beat it. Ever since, I've loved Zelda and video games i general.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I think it was initially me watching my dad play games on the computer, and my N64 that got me into gaming. I played it (N64) practically every day with my friends when I was little, and loved the games I played on it. And I remember when I was like 3-4 years old, and I was playing games like Doom, Star Wars, and a bunch of other computer games with my dad. He didn't tell my mom about it, cause she would've been mad, but he let me play them all the time. =P

So playing games that I shouldn't have been playing with my dad, and my N64 got me started on gaming. What got me where I am now (geek who goes on the internet to talk about games >_>), was Twilight Princess. I had been interested in playing a new Zelda game since it had been so long, so I picked up TP. I played it, beat it, beat multiple times, and then I immensely craved Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask (which I had gotten rid of). So I bought those, played 'em, beat 'em, and then somehow got on the internet and found some Zelda fan sites. Which got me into waiting for Nintendo news, playing a bunch of other Nintendo games, etc.

So yeah, that's how I became a gaming geek.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I played a lot of games on Commodore 64 and a local computer system called "Nabu" in the early 80's, but the big push for me to get into gaming was the original Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda for the NES. I told a similar, abbreviated story in the "What got you into Zelda" thread, but essentially, my friend had the system with these two games (and Duck Hunt, I believe...) and they were just so exciting.

My love for those games extended beyond all of my friends' interest in them, and I soon becamee known at school for being a major video game fan. As a side note to this, I used to even get calls from friends of friends asking for video game help sometimes, which was kind of weird because sometimes I never knew those people...

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
My first game I ever had was on a floppy disk. I don't remember the name of that game, but it was so awesome that I played it so often that it eventually crashed.
It wasn't the game that really got me into gaming though, that was pokemon Red. It was the first game that was actually mine (so i didn't have to share it with my sister) and I was so proud of it, that I even hid it in a jar so that my sister couldn't play it :xd:.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Pokemon Red. ;)
But Mario vs. DK 2 sorta renued my passion for gaming many years later. Not the most obvious of titles. I know.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
Pokemon Red. ;)
But Mario vs. DK 2 sorta renued my passion for gaming many years later. Not the most obvious of titles. I know.
same here... but pokemon gold got me
I think it was initially me watching my dad play games on the computer, and my N64 that got me into gaming. I played it (N64) practically every day with my friends when I was little, and loved the games I played on it. And I remember when I was like 3-4 years old, and I was playing games like Doom, Star Wars, and a bunch of other computer games with my dad. He didn't tell my mom about it, cause she would've been mad, but he let me play them all the time. =P

So playing games that I shouldn't have been playing with my dad, and my N64 got me started on gaming. What got me where I am now (geek who goes on the internet to talk about games >_>), was Twilight Princess. I had been interested in playing a new Zelda game since it had been so long, so I picked up TP. I played it, beat it, beat multiple times, and then I immensely craved Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask (which I had gotten rid of). So I bought those, played 'em, beat 'em, and then somehow got on the internet and found some Zelda fan sites. Which got me into waiting for Nintendo news, playing a bunch of other Nintendo games, etc.

So yeah, that's how I became a gaming geek.
dude... doom got me in it as well... now i got all doom games and all but around 4 zelda games (oos,ooa(oox)la, oot mq)

My dad had bought a used car from a dealership, and when I was digging around in the seat pockets I found Pokemon:Crystal. I already had a GBA, but the only game I had for it was some Pac-man special edition game, so I didn't play it too much. So I just popped Crystal into my GBA, and soon after, I became hooked.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It must have been Super Mario Bros or Ice Climber, guess I must have tried it over at a friends house. But I am not sure, this wasn´t yesterday, it was a long long time ago :lol:

Super Mario Land for Game Boy and the Super Mario Super Show are what got me into gaming.

Here's a quick story,when I was about 4 years old I locked myself in a hotel room,playing Super Mario Land on my Aunt's Game Boy.
My Mom was scared that I was locked in the hotel room,while I was busy playing Game Boy,with no care in the world.

Interesting way to get in into playing video games.:)

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Hmm, the first game I remember playing a lot was Combat for the Atari 2600. But the game that cemented gaming in as my hobby was probably Super Mario Bros. 3.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Super Mario All Stars. I played the Super Mario bros game and I wanted more SNES games after that. I felt so good about myself when I finally finished the game. It took over a year though ^^

E

ed15551

The game that got me into gaming would have to be Lttp :)

It's one of the best games i've ever played:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom