• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Was It That Got You into Gaming?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I have memories of when I was about 4 years old and sitting on my dad's lap playing pac-man, galaga, asteroids, and tempest on his computer. I was always around computer games, and when I was a little older I got a 64 and GameCube. I was given an NES from a family friend when I was 9 I think because they found it and knew I always wanted one. I got a DS when I was 10 and a Wii last April. The game that did it was probably Pac-Man and then that showed me Nintendo was totally Super Mario 64.

Last edited:
I started playing video games every since I when I can remember things. (Age 3-5)
One day, my father brought in the NES gaming console, and I was all like, "What's this daddy?" Played some Mario and then Bam! Started playing Sonic, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Castelvania, etc.
But what game that really got me into gaming? It would be the Mighty Bomb game for the NES. I enjoyed it so much that I explored some more. :3

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Probably the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES. I had Atari games before that, but I'm not sure I would count those, since I don't remember a lot of them and they didn't make a big impression on me. On the other hand, my dad and I played the Mario games together, with a little friendly competition (though I was young, so he usually beat me) so I remember them fondly.

I had a huge gap in my gaming years, and then the Zelda series brought me back into playing again - specifically, replaying the original Legend of Zelda. :)

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
It was Pokemon Gold, my friend showed it to me once when I was younger and loved it. He let me borrow every now and then, and then a few years later he sold it to me.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
My first video games were Donkey Kong Game and watch and Pac-Man. I enjoyed these but Mario Bros. 3 really got me into gaming.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Well... there were many games that I played before I was seriously into gaming. Super Mario Bros, Astro Blaster, Mortal Combat... etc. But, going back I would have to say Gun Star Heroes for the Sega. I used to just play games just to have fun. Then, one day I say down and though... "I'm gonna get as far into this game as I possibly can." In this game, could play singular or co-op to be this rad little man with all sorts of guns. You would travel through a city, through the sky, and then through... I'm not sure what it was but I think it was space to fight bad guys and bosses. To my surprise, I surpassed my siblings and cousins, who were also into that game, and beat the entire thing. I couldn't believe it! It was the first time I had ever gotten to the end of the game! After that, though, I didn't take another game seriously until Mario Kart 64.

fisharox

Black Ops is my life
Crash Bandicoot 3 and Super mario 64. They are both platformer and that ironically is my favourite game type. Platformers forever:clap:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
First arcade game:
118124214332.jpg

Pac-Man. Coincidentally, Pac-Man came out July 1980, making it exactly as old as me.

First console game:
Popeye_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

Popeye, by Shigeru Miyamoto. Fun fact about Popeye: Nintendo lost the rights to the characters Bluto, Olive and Popeye when Miyamoto was in the planning stages to create Popeye 2. He replaced those characters with Donkey Kong, Pauline and Jumpman (later renamed "Mario"), respectively. Makes you think how the gaming world would look like today if Nintendo hadn't lost the rights to Popeye.

Pen

The game is on!
It was about 11 years ago, I was 5 years old. Me and my dad went to Toys R' Us, and he bought me a Game Boy Color, and to the Game Boy Color I received Pokémon Pinball!! :D
I still play it sometimes today!! :)

Pinball_Coverart.png

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
The first time I saw an older friend of mine play link's Awakening on his gameboy, something just clicked in my head that I would be see more of this as time went by.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
For me, it was a collection of SNES games including Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Kart, and A Link to the Past.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
My sister owned an original Game Boy, our two primary games were Super Mario Land and Donkey Kong. I remember being all excited when she let me play, despite the fact that I had no idea what I was doing. My dad also introduced me to Pac-man and various arcade games around this time, a game that he was obsessed with for a while. My cousins also owned a SNES, so we would sneak away from family gatherings to play Super Mario World. Later on, I got my own Game Boy color and Pokemon Red, which kind of 'solidified' my interest in gaming. Zelda came into the picture later on and I only recently beat those first two Game Boy Games :bleh:

It was about 11 years ago, I was 5 years old. Me and my dad went to Toys R' Us, and he bought me a Game Boy Color, and to the Game Boy Color I received Pokémon Pinball!! :D
I still play it sometimes today!! :)

Oh my, yes! This game was addicting! I've lost and found the cartridge numerous times over the years (Sadly, its current status is lost :( ) it was actually pretty difficult..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom