• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Should I Get

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
Well I'm going out to get the 3DS when it releases for me in a few hours. What game should should I get street fighter IV or lego star wars iii? Also regular DS games work On the 3DS right?

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
Regular DS games work on it. Just not GBA. I was wondering the same thing. I pre-ordered it yesterday and was also wondering what launch title would be best. I personally wouldn't get lego SW 3. Lego games just don't work out on handhelds in my opinion. I'm caught between Nintendogs + Cats (French Bulldog because my grandpa has a puppy of that breed), or Street Fighter 4. What's anyone else thinking about getting?

Kazumi

chagy
Out of all of the 3DS launch games Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition has received the best reviews. What is also interesting about it is that it's a lot easier to play over past Street Fighter games because of the ability to map special attacks to the touch screen. This could make the game a whole lot more appealing if you aren't a hardcore fighter fan. It seems like a reliable choice.

I have Lego Star Wars III for the Wii and I can confirm that it is quite an enjoyable game. Maybe it's not the best Lego game, but it's definitely up there. I've heard that LSWIII translates pretty well to the 3DS, but I can't confirm that it's the same experience as it is on the consoles.

I would also urge you to consider games like Pilotwings Resort and Steel Diver. While they haven't received quite as good reviews, they look like quite fun and enjoyable games. Maybe not worth a full 40 dollars however.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I have played both of those games but I think SSFIV is the better of the two. Lego SWIII on the 3DS is much better than the previous handheld lego efforts and looks and plays practically identical to those of the home console versions. It's a good game, but SSF is slightly more enjoyable as the Lego formula has been done over and over again and is getting a bit repetitive... But even though SSF has an age-old formula, the over the shoulder look and the street pass makes it mush cooler. (I got my 3DS yesterday cause im in england)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
When i bought the 3DS i only bought SSFIV with it. Its pretty impressive, the only drawback is that the background is not animated but other then that its the same as the console version...i think (havn 't played the console version, only saw vids). The 3D effect doesnt gives a major change in gameplay but, its pretty awsome.

The only thing i recommend is, that you buy s protective sheet for the touchscreen. If you want to use your fingers for custom mapping of moves on the touchscreen.

And yes you can play DS games on the 3DS. But you need to adjust the resolution or else DS games look blurry.
Link: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/03/24/how-to-play-ds-games-on-your-3ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom