• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Do You Associate With Being Happy While Playing?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Games, despite the constant criticism and evaluations, are there for entertainment and enjoyment, whatever twist you may put on it, that's their main purpose.

I think that gaming has lost some of this in a way, I miss the times when you could just enjoy a game for what it was without caring what anyone else thought. So onto the actual question, what game or games would you associate with actually being happy while playing?

Xenoblade Chronicles. I had a pretty crappy first year of college, and I will remember for a very long time the kind of escape it provided.

Also Super Mario Sunshine, because how could you not be happy playing that game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zelda Ocarina of Time made me happy. Still does. I don't care about anyone's opinion when I'm playing that game. I don't look at anything and say "wow that's dumb." I hold no criticism for the game, because I can play it in so many ways that I remedy any complaints my inner heart may harbor. It's nothing but pure bliss. ilu OoT <3

Another game like that would be Zelda Majora's Mask.
And another game still would be Star Ocean Till the End of Time.

All of these games are such "mmm qimme dat" types of games, they just suck me into their world and I don't even think about leaving, let alone want to.

Big Octo

=^)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is a game that I always feel happy playing, and I'm glad that this happiness could be potentially shared with more people via the HD remake. Everything abut this game puts me in a happy mood; the characters, the graphics, you name it.

Another game would be Super Mario Galaxy, more strictly the first title. It was such a great experience playing through the game a first time, and the feeling has lingered in any subsequent playthroughs. An excellent 3D platformer that I could pick and play in many moods. In the end, I always turn up joyful.

There are many others as well, all with similar reasons as the above.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the game I have been playing a lot recently and I have been quite happy. Beating up CPUs whenever you feel like it and it really keeps me happy no matter what. Usually any Mario or Zelda game can keep me happy no matter what, but Super Smash Bros. Brawl does the trick...

Both Super Smash Bros. 64 and Melee. My God those games are so magical. I have so many fond memories of playing those game with my cousins and friends. We would do ridiculous stipulations and play on the craziest maps. All nighters were pulled. Ridiculous jokes and stories were told. Sigh, good times, good times.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Skyward Sword usually makes me pretty happy when I'm playing it. Seeing as it's my favorite game it's pretty hard not to be happy while playing that game. :D I just get lost playing that game, the graphical style and everything it's just a beautiful game, one of the few that I go through just for the experience of the world it's in.

Another is Mario Kart Wii, it's been awhile since I've played it, but I'm usually happy whilst playing that game. Usually got a big goofy grin on my face whilst pwning with King Boo. XD

I feel happy when I play a Mega Man game that I'm really good at. Some examples of those would be Mega Man 1, 2, 4, 6, and X1. When I can just go through parts of the game with nearly no effort at all, it makes me happy.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think that gaming has lost some of this in a way, I miss the times when you could just enjoy a game for what it was without caring what anyone else thought.

More a problem with modern gamers than games. :(

And what games... well, since I go back and replay it like, yearly, Final Fantasy 8. As far as I'm concerned it's the absolute pinnacle of anything Japanese and one of the greatest RPGs. I know many will disagree, most probably will actually, but, I'm not a fan of Japanese stuff as a rule of thumb and FF8 blew me away in ways FF7 nor any other Japanese title ever has done before or since. It's pretty ridiculous now too when I play, before the first disc is over Squall's usually demolishing anything with 1000s of HP and battles go quick. Junction system is amazing when you know how to use it, I love how flexible it is.

Another would be Battlefield 2. I might play Counter-Strike more, but, Battlefield 2 will always have that special place in my heart when me and my friends would play it non-stop. Would just come online, go on BF2, hop into a Skype call, and be pretty much laughing the entire playtime. The realism never got in the way of raw, arcade-like fun. Spawning into an airstrike and being send flying miles will never cease to be hilarious.

Finally, let's go with Mario Kart 64, for the many nights I'd be sat cross-legged on the floor humming to myself as my brothers argued over who would get to play as Yoshi. ;)

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Definitely the Super Smash Bros. series, I have so many memories of playing all of them with my best friends that I don't talk to that much anymore, and actually I wouldn't have met most of them if it wasn't for Brawl.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I cannot be sad when I'm playing any Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon games. Those games are just so relaxing, and they help me get my mind off things. The only time I've gotten mad because of these games is when my sister deleted my save on Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, and I was more mad at my sister than I was at the game.

I also can't be sad when I play Kirby or The Wind Waker. For Kirby, it's just everything is so adorable, and with The Wind Waker, the graphics just brighten my mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom