• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
A lot of CS:GO recently. Coming up on 100 hours in game. Also Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (again) and just beat Luigi's Mansion last night.

TK8305

Mugenite, Smasher, LPer and ZCer!
I'm currently playing:

Mugen (Test playing some characters to make sure they have good AI.)

Smash Bros 4. This is the first Smash game I have ever owned, since I have always been terrible at fighting games. My cousins kick my ass in Smash. I'm trying out Mega Man (one of the only reasons I got this) and I'm really liking him so far.

My first opponent was Fox, my second Donkey Kong and my third Rosalina. I got my ass kicked by all of them. -_-'

I'm slogging through Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker right now. Definitely the low point in the series for me so far, especially coming off of Guns of the Patriots. Just really want to get to Phantom Pain, since it seems like a far more logical evolution of the series than Peace Walker.

Going to try and finish or damn near finish Dead Space before Fallout 4 comes out.

On a side note, I'm a little sad how unpopular survival horror and action horror games seem to be these days.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'm alternating between Ocarina of Time and Alundra. I had an itch to try playing OoT while using targeting as little as possible, kind of embarrassing for me to admit but I had never noticed certain things about slash direction control when not targetting, like how forward+swing translates to a vertical slash. Feels strange since I've been of the opinion for a while that OoT's combat is boring. Now it seems slightly less so, but that's not saying much.

I'm slogging through Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker right now. Definitely the low point in the series for me so far, especially coming off of Guns of the Patriots. Just really want to get to Phantom Pain, since it seems like a far more logical evolution of the series than Peace Walker.

I remember being disappointed in Peace Walker myself the first time I finished it. I personally came to think both Guns of the Patriots and Phantom Pain are lower points in some ways, although specifically in terms of core gameplay I'd say Phantom Pain is actually one of the series high points. It's funny that you mention that since it actually picks its basic mission structure and the whole motherbase management thing directly from Peace Walker, while most of what it adds is expanded scope, free roaming (a mixed bag) and bringing back crawling.

Anyway, hope you enjoy Phantom Pain. It seems you already liked 4 more than I did, so I guess anything is possible.

Last edited:
I remember being disappointed in Peace Walker myself the first time I finished it. I personally came to think both Guns of the Patriots and Phantom Pain are lower points in some ways, although specifically in terms of core gameplay I'd say Phantom Pain is actually one of the series high points. It's funny that you mention that since it actually picks its basic mission structure and the whole motherbase management thing directly from Peace Walker, while most of what it adds is expanded scope, free roaming (a mixed bag) and bringing back crawling.

I probably should have clarified that my problems with Peace Walker pretty much start and end at the painfully linear mission structure. I get that it was a PSP game and you could only do so much with it, but having just marathon-ed the entire Solid series(1-4), I just can't appreciate the repetitive environments and how everything seems so boxed-in and room-like. If Phantom Pain brings back the missions, I'd be fine if it features much more open-ended levels like the series had up to that point.

I actually don't mind the mother-base management. It's a little shallow, but I'm the kind of guy that likes to micro-manage things (like Pokemon or Fire Emblem). It coming back for 5 makes me look forward to it even more.

Anyway, hope you enjoy Phantom Pain. It seems you already liked 4 more than I did, so I guess anything is possible.

I was actually surprised to find out that 4 was pretty low on most of the MGS favorites list for a lot of people. I honestly think it has the absolute best gameplay mechanics in the series so far. The only thing that held it back for me is when I realized that half my completion time was actually spent watching cut-scenes. It was a damn good story, and I greatly appreciate it wrapping everything up in an excellent way, but still.

Playing through Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes in an attempt to pick up as many team members as possible before Phantom Pain. It's.... different so far, for sure. I think I'll grow to like it, but the one thing that keeps annoying me is how enemy units can blindside you and trigger an alarm. I never had a problem knowing where the enemies were in the series until this game, so it's kind of weird.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
For the most part, I'm currently playing Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness. My brother's been pestering me for years about playing Disgaea, so I'm actually doing something about it now. I'm rather enjoying it, and I'll probably play the rest of the games as well.

Technically, I'm in the middle of Tales of Zestiria, but it has yet to really pull me in. Maybe it's just because Disgaea's been more fun, or ToZ hasn't gotten really good yet. I'm not sure. Regardless, I'll probably play Disgaea for a long time, since you can get up to Lv9999 and there's a ton of content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom