• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I decided to go retro and play Metroid 2 on Visual Console for my 3DS. I've played just about every other Metroid game, and I wanted to give this one a shot since I enjoyed the AM2R remake so much. I also feel obligated to play it, since despite it being a 2nd entry in a franchise (usually they are non-sequiter entries that are quickly forgotten plot-wise - take SMB2 or AoL) this one's actually one of the more important entries.

Impressions so far: I'm really liking it, more than I thought I would anyway. I usually don't like 8-bit or really old games due to the dated look on them, but for some reason I don't have a problem with the way M2 looks. Also the gameplay's rather addicting, fascinating for an old-school Gameboy game. I kept hearing complaints about how this game was extremely linear, and to an extent that's still true, but it still lends itself to exploration, something that I as a Metroid fan relish in. I also like that the game's centered on hunting down the Metroids as your bounty, which fits right in with Samus' job and is a refreshing departure from the normal method.

I do take an issue with the soundtrack, since most of the time it's rather non-existent. But eh whatever, it's a GB game, I'm not expecting much in that department.

I decided to replay Castlevania LoS, even though I recently finished it (a month and so ago) I just want to be prepared for LoS2 that will be coming out

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I've been working on playing Monster Hunter 3U again now that I have finished playing the Minish Cap. Fun times.

Skyrim
Pokemon LeafGreen
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Blue
Pikmin 3
Assassin's Creed 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Oracle of Seasons

This is why I make finishing schedules T_T ...that I haven't been able to keep up with (was supposed to do gym 6 in blue today... haven't even gotten to lavender town)

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Oracle of Ages, which I'm actually really close to finishing
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
And... the best game ever created... Earthbound

Sheik

:the:
The main five games I'm focusing on right now are...

Pokemon X
Pokemon Colosseum
Xenoblade Chronicles
Metroid Prime
Fire Emblem Awakening

I've been playing a decent amount of games recently, considering the fact that I usually just play one game at a time.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Game of the Year Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution (Last stand only though)
Medal of Honor
Later tonight I may also start playing Bioshock again so I can actually complete it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom