• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, I'm trying to complete my goals for both games ASAP :v
(Managed to beat Elisa in tennis, so that's one thing checked off my list!)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Some friends and I have been playing a lot of Chivalry 2 on PC. It's a wild ride of battle cries and decapitations and I'm never quite sure i know what I'm doing, but it's a lot of fun.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider and I've been really digging it so far, but I can definitely see why it has quite a mixed reputation. I thought Rise got a little excessive with its collectibles that kinda dragged the pacing down. But Shadow definitely takes it to a whole new level, so much that it completely brings the game to a halt once you reach the massive lost city of Paititi that pretty much kills the flow of the story with just how much there is to explore and collect.

That's not to say this portion of the game isn't good, but it definitely conflicts with the overall experience, and it's stuff like this that makes the game feel so sparse on action as there's already a huge emphasis on tomb raiding this time compared to previous games, and the puzzles are easily the best in the trilogy. I understand the first Tomb Raider was criticized for its focus on gunplay over puzzle solving, but this is too far into the opposite direction after Rise already attempted to remedy that problem by offering more diverse and intricate tombs into the game's already established formula.

It doesn't help much either that combat encounters are largely designed around stealth, which is a great layer to add onto the traditional shoot outs... if there were any traditional shoot outs. It's a total shame too because guns become a large part of your arsenal and it feels like such a waste buying and upgrading and getting special attachments for your guns when they're so underutilized.

It's great if they want to integrate more elements or flesh out various aspects like stealth and puzzles, but it shouldn't come at the cost of anything else, especially combat, which was already such a perfect contrast to the rest of the game's more leisure activities. It's not a bad game by any means and at times can even feel like the series at its best, but the overall flow of ideas and gameplay is quite unbalanced.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I've been playing a lot of Fall Guys with friends. I bought the game way back when and really liked it, but now it seems like everyone is jumping back into it with the free to play update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom