• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Empoleon, Gyarodos, Gastrodon, Azumarill, Floatzel, and Golduck at the moment. The only change I might make is swapping Floatzel out for maybe a Lumineon, Floatzel hasn't really been pulling its weight as much as the other members and I want to use a Lumineon since even though its a favorite of mine, I've never gotten around to using it before.
What's your team?
Empoleon, milotic, manaphy, Azumarill, palkia, pelipper
I started off with a Gyarados and gastrodon but I dropped them to make room for more fun mons. I definitely want to make space for lumineon as well since it's a pretty Mon and having a storm drain user to pair with surf in double battles is hype. It's just so hard to cut mons... Might just axe palkia since it's legendary

Last edited:
Empoleon, milotic, manaphy, Azumarill, palkia, pelipper
I started off with a Gyarados and gastrodon but I dropped them to make room for more fun mons. I definitely want to make space for lumineon as well since it's a pretty Mon and having a storm drain user to pair with surf in double battles is hype. It's just so hard to cut mons... Might just axe palkia since it's legendary
I'd love to pick up Milotic as well, but outside of Floatzel idk what I'd cut, plus I'm *horrid* at making poffins and don't have Switch online to evolve a Feebas the other way. When I first picked up Golduck as a Psyduck I never meant to keep it on for long so *maybe* I'd cut it, but it still wouldn't solve the problem of I can't get one, so its probably not gonna happen unfortunately.
I don't see myself dropping Gastrodon or Gyarodos. While I probably don't actually *need* it, I value Gastrodon's electric immunity a bit too much to get rid of it, at least not before Volkner. And Gyarodos at the moment is probably my hardest hitting team member so I don't want to lose all that damage. For me there's not really any other water mons that'd be worth losing either of those things for, maybe Palkia, but I'm on Briallant Diamond so it shouldn't be available for me without trading and again no Switch online.

I definitely agree Storm Drain and Surf is a fun combo in doubles. I've already got one Storm Drain user in Gastrodon but I keep forgetting to set up Surf on some of my other mons so I haven't gotten to start using it with this team, I should definitely do that next time I get on.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'd love to pick up Milotic as well, but outside of Floatzel idk what I'd cut, plus I'm *horrid* at making poffins and don't have Switch online to evolve a Feebas the other way. When I first picked up Golduck as a Psyduck I never meant to keep it on for long so *maybe* I'd cut it, but it still wouldn't solve the problem of I can't get one, so its probably not gonna happen unfortunately.
I don't see myself dropping Gastrodon or Gyarodos. While I probably don't actually *need* it, I value Gastrodon's electric immunity a bit too much to get rid of it, at least not before Volkner. And Gyarodos at the moment is probably my hardest hitting team member so I don't want to lose all that damage. For me there's not really any other water mons that'd be worth losing either of those things for, maybe Palkia, but I'm on Briallant Diamond so it shouldn't be available for me without trading and again no Switch online.

I definitely agree Storm Drain and Surf is a fun combo in doubles. I've already got one Storm Drain user in Gastrodon but I keep forgetting to set up Surf on some of my other mons so I haven't gotten to start using it with this team, I should definitely do that next time I get on.
you could also consider pelipper as it's the hardest hitting water mon in the game thanks to drizzle's 1.5x boost. And boosts all your other mons. it's also derpy and cute
Golduck and Floatzel both have a problem where they're just way too squishy to use in an ingame playthrough, in my experience. I've used both and they've kinda lagged behind, especially when you have mons like azumarill and gyarados on your team that can just one shot everything. They tend to get all the exp and cause a level disparity, I've found
Poffins sucked to make but I spent two days breeding wiki berries next to the berry master's house, and by pairing one wiki berry with one chesto berry I was able to make 24x02 level poffins, which was good enough to evolve it so if you really want one that's what I'd try
is water your favorite type as well?

you could also consider pelipper as it's the hardest hitting water mon in the game thanks to drizzle's 1.5x boost. And boosts all your other mons. it's also derpy and cute
Golduck and Floatzel both have a problem where they're just way too squishy to use in an ingame playthrough, in my experience. I've used both and they've kinda lagged behind, especially when you have mons like azumarill and gyarados on your team that can just one shot everything. They tend to get all the exp and cause a level disparity, I've found
Poffins sucked to make but I spent two days breeding wiki berries next to the berry master's house, and by pairing one wiki berry with one chesto berry I was able to make 24x02 level poffins, which was good enough to evolve it so if you really want one that's what I'd try
is water your favorite type as well?
Pelipper was part of my originally-planned out team, but I somehow never ran into a wild Wingull and with a full team of mons that mostly pulled their weight, it just didn't seem worth hunting for at the time. Drizzle would be nice to have so that Rain Dance doesn't take up move slots. I've definitely noticed that Floatzel lags behind, which is a shame because I really like that line, but I haven't really noticed it with Golduck, or at least not as much. Though it didn't one-shot everything in the fighting gym with its psychic moves like I expected it to. As much as I'd like a Milotic, I don't think I'm quite that set on one. I think I'll probably take your advice to drop Golduck and get a Pelipper, and I'll replace my Floatzel with a Lumineon like I planned and probably leave my team at that.
No, water's not exactly my favorite type- there are definitely a number of water-types that I like and some that rank among some of favorite mons (otherwise I wouldn't be doing a water-type run), as is the case for most types, but generally I'd say my favorite type tends to be dark.

well, it's nice to see a fellow mono-type player anyway. I find it the most fun way to play pokemon ingame. If you do get pelipper it should be in place of golduck if golduck has cloud nine (disabling the 1.5x weather boost)
Yeah, I haven't played very many monotype runs of Pokemon, but the ones I have done have been some of the most fun I've had with Pokemon games. I already knew that Golduck's Cloud Nine would cancel out with Pelipper's Drizzle if I tried to use both, but thanks for that anyway.

With the next Kirby coming end of March I thought I’d go ahead and replay the last one, Star Allies. Always see it getting a bad wrap and I just couldn’t remember it being bad. Short, maybe, but by no means bad. Upon replaying it, I still feel the same way about it. Perhaps the only thing is it’s pretty difficult to keep track of where I am during some of the bosses with all the chaos going on.

Thinking I might play through Adventure and 64 again now, my two favorites more or less. I think I might even have a few on my WiiU I haven’t played yet at all.

couple of games im currently busy with

Assassins creed brotherhood
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Tales of Vesperia
Bravely default II
Paper Mario Origami

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Finally got my copy of Pokémon Legends Arceus yesterday. Haven't gotten very far yet, I just beat the "De le le wooooooooooop!"

I can't believe they actually put the meme into the game. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom