• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
dude, tell me you got Oliver to join you
Ah, no I didn't. Is there some major benefit to recruiting him?
------
Super Mario Sunshine

It's just as fun as I remember, and the flaws are still there as well. But there's something about Sunshine that makes me love it despite its quirks and jank. It has my favorite movement system for Mario and I've always loved the island theme that extended to each of the game's stages. Still an enjoyable time even if it's not as polished as the Galaxy games or Odyssey, imo.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Ah, no I didn't. Is there some major benefit to recruiting him?
------
Super Mario Sunshine

It's just as fun as I remember, and the flaws are still there as well. But there's something about Sunshine that makes me love it despite its quirks and jank. It has my favorite movement system for Mario and I've always loved the island theme that extended to each of the game's stages. Still an enjoyable time even if it's not as polished as the Galaxy games or Odyssey, imo.
not technically, it's just that I got him by pure accident, and it was the funniest thing, he went from being one of my most hated characters in path of radiances to being one of the best boys in this game, he has his own battle theme

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Still playing through paper mario ttyd with my brother.

Still need to decide what game we're going to play next. Maybe we'll get back to playing Trials of Mana.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Playing Luigi's Mansion for my channel. I've gone back to a bit of Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence on some evenings when I feel like it.
Also WoW... Always at least a little WoW

Just finished everyone's chapter 2 on Octopath Traveler. Still gorgeous looking game with some really pleasant music.

Being able to switch from story to story keeps things fresh which I appreciate. Also enjoy the travel banter as well just for a little character interaction.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Continuing with both Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy

It's kind of interesting how these games are both almost equally enjoyable to me, but for different reasons.

Sunshine, for example, is a less polished game with tedious shines and strange difficulty spikes in certain areas. Galaxy, on the other hand, while much more polished, has a better presentation than actual gameplay in my opinion. The art style, music, and overall atmosphere are fantastic, but the actual platforming isn't nearly as fun or fluid (haha) as Sunshine's. I may get frustrated with some gameplay aspects of Sunshine at times, but I can see myself returning to it more often than I would Galaxy, which I kind of see as a one-and-done type of game, although it is quite good in its own right.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Metroid Zero Mission, I put this down for years b/c I got stuck, thought I'd fire it up again for the sake of spook season

...god damn this freaking genre, I took a chance and bombed some spots and found where I'm supposed to go, so...guess I'll see how far I can get this time

edit: speaking of games for october, also decided to start Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Last edited:

Re-D3ad

Majora’s Worst Nightmare, Hero of Time
The games I’m playing right now are

Majoras Mask
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Shotgun farmers
Mario party 3
Mario kart 64

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Started Tales of Symphonia last weekend with my brother. It's been fun so far.

I didn't even realize it had multiplayer until we'd already been playing for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom