• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Bravely Default

I missed out on this way back when it originally released and didn't play Bravely Second either, but playing the Bravely Default II demo (for the short time my party was actually able to survive) made me want to go back and play the original (thank you homebrew). Six hours in, I'm really enjoying it. I've been trying various JRPG series lately (Xeno, Tales, etc.) and have had trouble finding something that has clicked with me. Bravely Default seems to hit that sweet spot, especially in how the game can be tailored to how you want to play. Want to grind really quickly? Increase % of random encounters. Want to travel through an area without fighting? Turn that % the other way. Combat a bit too slow? Speed it up. Overall, the story isn't anything special (so far anyway), but the characters are solid and the music and art style are excellent. I'm looking forward to continuing my playthrough.

Trying to get good stats for my team in Pokemon Colosseum, finishing up my 100% file of Sonic Heroes, and playing Pokemon X and Pokemon SL/LD on the side.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ghost of Tsushima. I haven't felt this immersed in an openworld game for awhile now and it's utterly spectacular. Sure some of the things can be pretty repetitive, but the sheer levels of care put into the worldbuilding and mechanical aspects will keep players coming back for hours on end. It's one of the few games I feel like 100%-ing, and one heck of a way for the PS4 to go out with a bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom