• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Dragon Age: Inquisition. As my first foray into the series, I got what I'd expect out of a Bioware product: adequate character customization (lacking any appealing hairstyles), a mixed cast with likable/unlikable types, and a choice system that just works fine--all the trappings carried over from Mass Effect. The combat system, however, is a lot closer to Dragon's Dogma, mapping attacks to the face buttons and waiting on cooldowns after usage; it's serviceable but fun against tougher foes. As for the meat of the time in Fantasyland #457...there isn't much notable here that hasn't been done before, or even "better" less than a year via Witcher 3. You'll be collecting shards, connecting star diagrams, exploring ruins, and closing often level-gated rifts to grind out perk points for convenient boons. That's the bulk of the sojourning appeal, and a lot of it is held back by an extraneous inventory system a la Skyrim that places more emphasis on item management than getting out into the world.

Also, Mages > Templars, or at least that would have been the case if the game didn't pull a Houdini on me and forced me to help the latter after agreeing to side with the Mages upon "going to Redcliffe" to conscript them. After getting there, however, I'm confronted by a Temp and forced to help them fight a nightmare-spawn creature that turned all of them into mind-thralls... Such truly compelling storytelling you have, Bioware.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I'm still playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons daily. Switching gears from playing Fallout Tactics as well, since I left it for too long and couldn't get back into it, so now I'm playing Assassin's Creed Origins alongside AC:NH

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Smite, Monster Train, Fallen London, Synergism

It Depends on whether I am at my Moms or my dads if I am at my moms I am floating between Breath Of The Wild And Wind Waker if I am at my dads I go between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. Some bits feel a bit dated (running animations and such) and the handheld resolution is a tad disappointing, but the combat is swift compared to XC2, the menus are convenient and helpful for swapping out gear, and of course the landscapes look stunning especially at the right time of day. Luckily grinding isn't an issue due to a feature that stores reserve exp, allowing you to add or subtract levels manually, and sidequests can be done in a matter of minutes thanks to the super useful fast travel system. Virtually everything about this remake is perfect apart from a few minor nitpicks.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
waiting for my Xenoblade DE to show so I've been playing a variety of things in quick spurts until it does, a couple notable things I've done is beating a few of the Contras in the anniversary collection as well as 100%ing Jak & Daxter, just had to collect the remaining precursor orbs
quick note: this is the first game I've ever gotten a platinum trophy for

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom