• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Still cracking away at Morrowind, it's looking like I'm going to stick with it at least until I complete the main quest and some sidequests that interest me.

The story really got it's lid blown off during Lost Prophecies and Path of the Incarnate questlines. When you begin inquiring about the Neverine Cult and Dissidant Priests you'll hear a lot of claims the the tribunal gods are illegitimate, but you don't know where these accusations stem from, or if they are even valid. And of course, you hear about the Neverine often and eventually learn from Caius that you were pardoned from prison at the beginning of the game because the Emperor of Tamriel believes you could be an imposter to fulfill the prophecy of the Neverine.

During the lost prophecies quest you learn why Dagoth Ur betrayed Neverar in the past - he used enchanted dwermer tools to tamper with the Heart of Lorkhan to gain false godhood and it corrupted him. Neverar killed him and there was brief peace. Tragically, Neverar's own allies betrayed him and used the tools to draw power from the heart to gain godhood themselves. Although they used the power for many great deeds, it is inherently evil and has driven some of them mad. They also need to return to the heart to maintain their power, but with the rise of Dagoth Ur they cannot do so. The majority of Morrowind's population still relies on them, and this is dangerous for the future of the land because the Tribunal's power is waning.

During The Path of the Incarnate, it's discovered that you are the Neverine beyond a doubt if you choose to walk that path.

So yeah, at this point I'm immersed and invested.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Halo 1
They snuck this onto Steam the other day and I've been playing the multiplayer all afternoon. I never had enough friends with Xboxes to do LAN with, so outside the occasional split-screen one-on-one I never actually experienced the multiplayer for Halo 1, despite how much time I spent playing the game as a kid.

I've been having a blast. Even outside of nostalgia, the game is balanced so differently to the other games. Letting everyone carry up to eight grenades means you spend a lot of time getting blown to pieces, lmao, and the pistol is a good balance between later games' BRs and DMRS and the assault rifle. It's strong without feeling unfair.

Games have a pretty quick pace and always feel action-packed. It's also very satisfying to hit enemies because of the bold flash of energy shields and thick, heavy sound design. It's a simpler kind of game compared to modern shooters but it's still great fun, which is what matters most. Also thrilled to have Chill Out back, it's the best map in the game (Blood Gulch fans fite me).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Two Bugthesda games at the same time?! But it's not all that bad because no Failure 76.

Doom '16 goes against the grain of yearly Call of Duty clones, emphasizing a more action-oriented approach to culling hordes of demonic invaders. Unlike other shooters, taking cover will result in Doomslayer getting flanked or fireballed from enemies sticking to walls, so it's important to always stay on the move. As expected, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer numbers, even brutally dying at times, but Doom more than makes up for this by introducing numerous weapon types early on alongside Mortal Kombat-esque "glory kills". Ripping and tearing frustration-inducing enemy types with a chainsaw or interrupting an opposing charged shot is satisfying in its own right. My biggest complaint would be the Marine's speed, however, because most times he isn't fast enough to elude projectiles (though later upgrades to the Praetor suit resolves this). On the flipside, the music is a blasting symphony of distorted industrial heavy metal mixed with unsettling synths that complement the surreal foundaries/hellscapes perfectly.

Can't wait to eternally raze hell in two weeks.

Skyrim Special Edition with mods makes an outdated cookie-cutter game design more immersive while breathing in some new life to it. Getting each module to work together was a challenge, namely with the load orders and such generating weird results, but after experimenting for a month or so it's become a more stable experience. My attention doesn't lie with the core storyline itself, but just seeing how different the game becomes compared to the vanilla. Most of the dedicated empiricism lies with character customization such as installing presets, alternating my PC's facial features to be more elven (the default ones are heinous), and adding some custom armors. I've since branched out to texture mods to make the landscapes and NPCs more pleasant as well as some gameplay tweaks that aren't janky. There won't be any turning mammoths into Thomas the Tank Engine or having a dancing bear follower; just clearing as many landmarks/quests as possible with a cool Wood Elf Dovahkiin archer until any invested interests eventually fade.

Sky guard you.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Finished the ace attorney trilogy.

Playing Danganronpa now, finished the first 3 chapters of the first game so far.

Will probably return to the rest of the ace attorney series at a later point, just want a break because it ended at a pretty satisfying point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom