• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Greedfall dropped a while ago and I've been picking my way through it.

It has been fascinating watching Spiders refine their product from game to game. I can say with satisfaction that Greedfall is, like each successive Spiders release, their most refined game to date. And by now that's pretty refined. Finally, Greedfall is a AAA game in scope on a AA budget, with satisfyingly little of Spiders trademark middle market jank. And while its presentation is sophisticated, Greedfall still isn't narrowing any gap between AA and AAA graphics. It's still a casebook example of just how great modern graphics can look on a budget. Developers with sufficient technical clout can easily make games rivaling AAA titles in presentation.

The game itself, however, has an interesting premise and a so-far engaging execution. I lament that a larger team given more time could have really expanded on the gameplay and design, but what we get is still a complete and solid offering.

I just started Greedfall. It's the same publisher as A Plague Tale: Innocence which was really good for storytelling and I was told this one is pretty good too. I haven't gotten very far at all. Just left the tutorial home bit and am now in the streets.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I was playing through and beat MySims and Super Mario Kart today, and now I'm onto Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Ninja

Well well well
Finished all four routes of Three Houses, so now I'm just screwing around in the SNES console on the Switch. SMW and ALTTP are great.

Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando, Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, and I might play Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom