• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Finished Astral Chain finally aside from the postgame content. The story ended on a weird note and I found the plotline to be a bit inconsistent, but hopefully a sequel will resolve this. The combat, however, is stupendous as it incorporates something from just about all of Platinum's IPs (like Blade Mode from Metal Gear Rising). Overall not a perfect game, but a competent one.

Also going through the demos of Code Vein and Daemon X Machina, which I plan to pick up soon (even if it is a little rough around the edges).

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Borderlands 3 and I’m on and off with Shadow of the Colossus

I need to do my Blue Lions and Black Eagles runs of Three Houses but I need a break from that game tbh

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Greedfall dropped a while ago and I've been picking my way through it.

It has been fascinating watching Spiders refine their product from game to game. I can say with satisfaction that Greedfall is, like each successive Spiders release, their most refined game to date. And by now that's pretty refined. Finally, Greedfall is a AAA game in scope on a AA budget, with satisfyingly little of Spiders trademark middle market jank. And while its presentation is sophisticated, Greedfall still isn't narrowing any gap between AA and AAA graphics. It's still a casebook example of just how great modern graphics can look on a budget. Developers with sufficient technical clout can easily make games rivaling AAA titles in presentation.

The game itself, however, has an interesting premise and a so-far engaging execution. I lament that a larger team given more time could have really expanded on the gameplay and design, but what we get is still a complete and solid offering.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom