• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Resident Evil 2
Been playing for about 4 hours and it's hard to not be utterly in love with this. It's beautiful to look at (scenes of explicit violence and gore not withstanding), the gameplay is crisp and intuitive, it's genuinely frightening (to the point that I spent about five minutes not moving or making a sound hoping to hear Mr X's heavy footsteps go away), and it's dialogue/voice over is not just good, but one of the best in any game I've ever played. Holy ****, this is such a good ****ing game.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Yakuza 0
This game eats up time and it's ruining my life. It's a prequel to Yakuza 1/Kiwami. In this Japanese life sim, you play as series protagonist Kiryu and deuteragonist Majima as a yakuza things happen. Kiryu is framed for murder, and Majima is desperate to get back into the Yakuza. You alternate between progressing the story in mostly beat em up style fights and cutscenes and enjoying yourself in the districts of Kamurocho and Sotenbori, enjoying all they have to offer, from arcades to karaoke to high-stakes gambling. Combat is simple, but really stylish and fun. Beyond beating the life out of thugs, most of the game is spent in a multitude of minigames, all still executed with the same over the top flair as the rest of the game. The story is an excellent Yakuza tale, and probably the least confusing in the series. The two player characters feel distinct and cool, and all their side quests are written with a great charm, humor, and sincerity that really shines. 9/10, probably 10/10 when I finish and see all this game has to offer.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Finished DmC 5 (which was lamentably short), so now I'm moving on to finishing up AssCreed: Odyssey before Kingdom Hearts 3 drops next week.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Poochy and Yoshi Woolly World. I finished the Boss Tent and bronze, silver and gold yoshi have been knit together. Now I'm working on the levels I haven't 100%ed yet. The game is sweet and the music is so soft to the ears :^^:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I really enjoyed that game on Wii U. I didn't get the 3DS version with Poochy but I bought the amiibo anyway because it's super cute.
The storyline remains the same on the 3DS. But instead of having to collect yarn balls you can take the Poochy pups with you and use them as yarn so you won't have to collect yarn balls anymore before you want to shoot an enemy. And then there is a Poochy rush in which you can collect beads and the Yoshi theater. Every day they show you a videoclip of Yoshi and Poochy and then you have to answer some questions and as a reward you earn 500 beads. It's super cute though. The whole game is cute as ****!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Playing Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor....it really alleviates some of the feelings i've been having that and gratuitous murder............ hmmm

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Just finished playing both scenarios in the Resident Evil 2 REmake and all I gotta say is, holy ****. They actually did it. Capcom finally did it! Capcom actually remembers how to make a Resident Evil game and I honestly couldn't be anymore happy.

Sure, it being a remake may have been a giant contributing factor in shaping the game, but Capcom could have honestly gone in any direction with this and I'm glad it turned out the way it did because this is a shining example of what Resident Evil could be and should be moving forward.

I was initially upset with them going the modernization route and making it over the shoulder because of the stigma that carries with this franchise, but then I saw the game, and you know what, Resident Evil just hasn't looked this much like Resident Evil in so long that it being a remake kind of became an afterthought. While I can gripe about certain things all day if I keep comparing it to the original, the precedent this game sets for future games is just undeniable. More of this please.

Got back into Smash Ultimate with Piranha Plant's release. I played around with him, made some progress in World of Light, and almost finished up Classic Mode with all characters. Just a few more to go. I'm also working my way through the 3DS remake of Bowser's Inside Story on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom