• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
It's a cRPG from 2000, I think, made by Troika, the studio that made Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and then promptly died (Rip in peace).

I've been plying for a while and I'm enjoying it, mostly. It'd be nice if I could control my party during battles, but the writing is pretty good, characters and the world are nicely fleshed out and interesting, and there are certain mechanics I love, like how magic and technology don't mix, so healing potions are useless if you're an engineer, guns won't work if your a wizard, stuff like that.

I've had a number of technical issues with the game, though, and still do, although it's mostly playable right now. I've never had as much technical trouble with a game on PC before and it is annoying, but following some fixes online, I was able to get it (mostly) working fine.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nier: Automata

I haven't played a game I have felt so gripped by in ages. The story is intriguing, the gameplay is fun and the soundtrack is amazing so far.

I only played BotW once this month, but I'd like to think I'm not done with it yet. Just haven't found the energy to play it. In its place I've been replaying 7th Dragon III on the 3DS, and juggling Miitopia along with it. The 3DS is incredibly accessible to me when I have low motivation.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Trying to get an all-emerald run in Sonic 1. In one set of lives, I was able to get all six and reach Scrap Brain Zone Act 1. Not bad for having not played this particular game in a couple months. Been more into 2 lately, which I'm working on playing through. For some reason I just can't beat Wing Fortress Zone.

funnier6

Courage~
Paper Mario Color Splash.

It's everything sticker star tried to be and wasn't, it's not the best Paper Mario by a long shot but it gives me hope for the series after the horror that was sticker star. Also the jokes are really consistently funny, keeps you smiling a lot.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
I'm mostly playing Pokemon Sun to build up some team members.

I've also started back on Tales of Zestiria after leaving it for like, a year. I'm mostly back into the swing of battles, and I've gotten the Spiritual Power of Water. I've also been going for any of the Iris Gem quests I can get my grubby little mitts on. Next up is Spiritual Power of Earth, after I go back to Gododdin and do the Iris Gem stuff there.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
I've been making my way through Destiny 2 and Mario + Rabbids. As someone who ragged on the first Destiny quite a bit, I'm very pleasantly surprised with the sequel. Although the core gameplay is more of the same, the heavier emphasis on story and context goes a long way. The main campaign feels far more reminiscent of Halo, while the inclusion of full-fledged side missions fleshes out the world significantly.

Last edited:
Muso/Warriors games.

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 - Liked it a lot, great game.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 - Liked it a lot, slightly better that the first game, though a weaker story. I do recommend playing the first gamer first. I liked both a lot. (I'm a DQ fan but as Muso/Warriors games both are quite good)

Samurai Warriors 4-2 - Terrible game. Looks like it could have been made in 2000 based on the art style and placement. Also it's so hard to tell the generals apart frrom the general army peons. There's a lot more wrong with this also. I don't recommend this game.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Extreme Complete Edition - Over complicated gam3 title. It's quite a good Muso/Warriors game. It's quite standard as far as gsmes of this genre go. There's no proper dodge move but everything else works fine. The way the different weapons work is a little messy. Any character can use any weapon, but a character's favoured weapon gives them a few extra attacks - which vary in usefulness per character. The encyclopaedia is very nice as is the other game modes. It's a great game, despite the few flaws. I totally recommend it. Just remember to over level your character in free mode before you have to fight Lu Bu in story mode. Lu Bu is quite overpowered compared to all the other generals. It makes sense from a story perspective, but just something good to know from a gameplay perspective.

Hyrule Warriors - As a casual game it's alright. For players wanting to investing 50-100 hours plus into this game, a few serious flaws pop up. Heart pieces are worthless for A Ranking adventure mode stages. Armour badges are worthless for all the tougher adventure mode stages as they have no favoured element. The bosses are broken by design. When you are on a time limit (for A Rank) and you have to wair for boss RNG to revral it's weak point so you can attack it, that's totally broken. DQH does it better. All bosses are attackable at any time (for decent damage), the weak points however aren't always available or the are but are risky as it's hard to target them without taking massive damage yourself. Hyrule Warriors could have been a great Muso/Warriors game but a few game breaking bad design choices ruined the fun.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Pokemon Sun: Running through the Battle Tree to earn enough BP for a Gengarite for the Mega Melee competition.

Tales of Zestiria: Cleared out the ruins by the Trial of Earth, cleared the Earth and Wind Trials, and successfully crossed the Great Camelot Bridge (and now I have to go back the the ****ing ruins in Westronbolt Gorge to find Mayvin, I mean wtf guys?). That's uhh, really it for now. Oh wait, there's more:
Here's the fun part, I bumped into Heldalf (as in, the guy who's the final boss) down by the ruins near the Earth Trial. Well, I decided "you know what? Imma fight 'im". So I did. My strategy was to use the Water Armatus to just shoot him from a distance (plus the bonus of it having the fastest healing Arte). I fully expected him to absolutely curb-stomp us, but, after about 20 minutes of fighting, healing (only using Artes btw, no items), and using the CPU party members as meat shields, I won. Yes, I actually beat the final boss of the game, 27 levels lower than he was, in a casual field encounter. Now, even after this, I was expecting him to just laugh, insult us for being so weak, and leave. But no, this was a full on killing of the final boss. I even got the ending cutscene and everything! Now, I reset the game and just ignored him after that, since there's still a ton of stuff to do (like the rest of the game's actual storyline), but it's cool to be able to say "I did this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom