• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

You'll love it. Dead Space is one of my favourite horror games of all time. It's not perfect, and it may feel dated playing it 8 years later, but its a good game with an interesting lore.
It doesn't feel dated to me at all, in fact it's quite impressive for the time. I'm in Chapter 7 now.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
It doesn't feel dated to me at all, in fact it's quite impressive for the time. I'm in Chapter 7 now.
Glad you're enjoying it. Definitely check out Dead Space 2 and 3 then. 3 is weakest of the series but it's still interesting enough and I'm glad they tried to change it up, even if they fumbled the final product.
It's one of my favourite series.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I actually recently went through the Dead Space 2 Severed DLC about a week ago. Quite disappointing but the first 2 games are fantastic. I'd say in terms of horror, they far outdo Resident Evil 4. Haven't played the third one yet but it doesn't sound too good if you're a horror fan though I hear it's still a pretty fun game despite its change in direction. Much like some of the later Resident Evil games.

Anyway, I finished both Bayonetta 1 and 2 and they're both really fantastic. Though I found part 2 to be quite easier than the first one. I also just started Ryse: Son of Rome. Nothing spectacular but it is by far one of the best looking games I've ever played. I can definitely tell it's a launch game because it pretty much just feels like a showcase for what the Xbox One is capable of than an actual IP Microsoft is comitted to.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Haven't played the third one yet but it doesn't sound too good if you're a horror fan though I hear it's still a pretty fun game despite its change in direction.
Exactly. It doesn't have the horror heart the other 2 did, but its good enough to stand on its own two legs as an action game, rather than a Dead Space horror sequel. The DLC for DS3 however, Awakened, is apparently proper horror.

Ambient Nomad

Home Starmy
I've been playing a lot of No Man's Sky lately. Not sure how I feel about the game. While it is basically my dream game (Slow paced exploration with a great sci-fi aesthetic), all of the criticisms floating around about the game are true. I don't think it's a bad game, but I'm just not sure how long I can hang on.

Misty

Ronin
Just Finished Day of the Tentacle.

Still working on the Witcher 2.

Still working on Portal 2 co-op with little brother.

Ambient Nomad

Home Starmy
Well, I really, really want to be playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but I get a consistent crash in the middle of a cut scene that I can't seem to prevent. I've already tried lowering all graphics settings to their lowest, and am now re-downloading the game. However, since it's a moderately large game, I'm going to have to give up for tonight. :\

On a positive note, it mostly looks good (except for the patented stiff and awkward Deus Ex animation and lip sync), and it plays about as well as expected. Disappointing as this is, I'm still looking forward to it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I've been playing a lot of No Man's Sky lately. Not sure how I feel about the game. While it is basically my dream game (Slow paced exploration with a great sci-fi aesthetic), all of the criticisms floating around about the game are true. I don't think it's a bad game, but I'm just not sure how long I can hang on.

If that's your bag man you gotta check out Cyan World's Obduction, the spiritual successor to their smash 1994 hit Myst. Unreal Engine 4 goodness, surreal alien worlds, ambiance, atmosphere, deep yet subtle narrative and the most freakishly difficult and ingenious brain teasers you'll suffer in your life! ^_^

Get it on Steam or GoG. Ima backer so I've already got it coming. Too bad they delayed it a few months.

Well, I really, really want to be playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but I get a consistent crash in the middle of a cut scene that I can't seem to prevent. I've already tried lowering all graphics settings to their lowest, and am now re-downloading the game. However, since it's a moderately large game, I'm going to have to give up for tonight. :\

On a positive note, it mostly looks good (except for the patented stiff and awkward Deus Ex animation and lip sync), and it plays about as well as expected. Disappointing as this is, I'm still looking forward to it.
Man I gotta play the first Dues Ex games. They look sweet as heck.

Currently playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and the first Legend of Zelda for the NES. I'm on the 3rd dungeon in Zelda and in the inverted castle in Symphony of the Night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom