• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What game is too hard for you?

Ever had that game that no matter how hard you try or how long you practice, you just cant seem to beat it or even be remotely good at it? What game(s) made you drop them?

Personally for me, I can't play Mega Man or Crash Bandicoot, in any version/installation whatsoever.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Uh...In video Games, I haven't ever played a game that was too hard for me (To my memory). There were some levels, but not games in general

Yeah.

Demon Souls
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Nioh

STOP MAKING GAMES HARD ON PURPOSE I'D BUY THEM IF I COULD PLAY THEM!

This trend needs to die.

Other games that arent hard on purpose that I find hard are...

Megaman games
Super Mario Sunshine
F-Zero GX

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Dark Souls. I got it for free from my uncle, and really want to get into it, because everybody raves about how great it is. Except I can't even get past the first boss that you need to beat in order to finish the "tutorial"

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Every one of em considering that I don't really play games for the challenge. I don't find insane difficulty for the sake of difficulty fun. For most of the most challenging games the challenge is about the only thing they have going for em. Would I like to play Nioh? Yeah, sure. It seems like it has a cool world and interesting story. But I don't find the insane difficulty fun. I can play challenging games if they're fair, but making games both hard and fun beyond difficulty for difficulty's sake is beyond what most developers are capable of or willing to put the care and time and effort into. Otherwise we're left with the nut-crunching difficulty of games like Dark Souls. DS and Bloodbourne look like they have interesting worlds with interesting lore, but it's a backdrop to the challenge. And the difficulty alone doesn't do it for me.

I played the recent Doom and it's difficult but the gameplay loop bored me pretty quick. It wasn't the fights themselves I couldn't handle, it was the dull repetition. There are few ultra challenging games to pick from, but there are even fewer games that offer crazy difficulty that I'm willing to put up with for some other reason like story or exploration or something. I think Baldur's Gate comes to mind. It's easy to power play Baldur's Gate (especially if you use hacks and mods) but I first played through both games without cheating and having no real idea what I was doing and it was fun. Myst and Riven are also challenging because the puzzles can be pretty mindboggling, and they're my oldest favorites because the environments, story and world design really appeal to me.

Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2. Both totally kicked my ass. So much so that I never bought them on the WiiU. I'd like to like these games, if I can ever play them properly one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom