• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Achievement/Trophy Annoys You the Most?

Even though achievements and trophies were introduced in the 7th gen with the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3 respectfully, achievements and trophies have been a part of gaming for generations prior, EG FFX Celestial weapons/ultima, a 100% in Zelda 2, on up to collecting all 900(?) Korok Seeds in BotW, and even more to name. What are some achievements and/or trophies that you had gotten or currently working on that drive you mad?

For me, It's the following:
Majora's Mask - I have a couple:
1: The Gilded Sword - It wasn't hard to get in and of itself but the Goron Race was a general pain to win with all of the others constantly knocking you arround if not off of the track at the bridge.
2: The Double Defense Great Fairy's Sword - I don't know anyone that loved finding all of the stray fairies in the water temple and Stone Temple. Need I say more?

Guild Wars 1(Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eyes of the North)
Survivor: This title has been a thorn in my side ever since I started trying to get 1,337,500 EXP Consecutively without a single death for the past 15.58333(repeated years.

Guild Wars 2:
Giant Slayer: Kill 1k Giants - What bugs me about this achievement is that there are specific maps where giants count and it's a hassle to find them
Yakslapper: Kill 2,500 Caravan Dolyaks in WvW(World vs World) - It's generally the fact that it's a pain to find and slay those suckers while watching my butt for zergs(mobs from other servers) and soloers.

FFX:
Celestials - Those are just apainfully long grindfest finding them, even with a guide.
Al Bhed Primers - Same thing as the Celestial weapons. What makes these worse is the fact that a few of these(2 or 3?) you have one shot at getting which makes this even more painful.

Also SMSs profile pic reminded me of a couple in Skyrim that bug me in each playthrough:
1) No Stone Unturned is always a pain due to some places being a headache to get even with the guide.
2) Dragon Priest Masks(Core Game) - NOT including the "Dragonborn" DLC ones. Some of these are a pain to get just because of how difficult they are to kill.

Last edited:
'Blessed' in Hollow Knight.

I will collect all the charms, but I have to determine a file to be burned if I want to go get the blessing for the achievement because I do not want it. I don't want drunk great fairy laughter while I'm sitting on a bench browsing my journal. Determining a throwaway file was so much easier when I did all achievements on Switch the first time around but I was angry having to do it again on PC.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
'Blessed' in Hollow Knight.

I will collect all the charms, but I have to determine a file to be burned if I want to go get the blessing for the achievement because I do not want it. I don't want drunk great fairy laughter while I'm sitting on a bench browsing my journal. Determining a throwaway file was so much easier when I did all achievements on Switch the first time around but I was angry having to do it again on PC.
oh god yes
after getting all achievements it's gonna be a must to mess the **** outta the game files to turn her event's flag off

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Even though achievements and trophies were introduced in the 7th gen with the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3 respectfully, achievements and trophies have been a part of gaming for generations prior, EG FFX Celestial weapons/ultima, a 100% in Zelda 2, on up to collecting all 900(?) Korok Seeds in BotW, and even more to name. What are some achievements and/or trophies that you had gotten or currently working on that drive you mad?

For me, It's the following:
Majora's Mask - I have a couple:

2: The Great Fairy's Sword - I don't know anyone that loved finding all of the stray fairies in the water temple. Need I say more?
1.The Great Fairy Sword was the Stone Tower Temple stray fairy reward, not the Great Bay one, that was double defense.

2.I loved collecting stray fairies in all 4 of the dungeons.

Anyway, the only one that comes to mind is the korok seeds in BotW. Boring to collect, boring rewards for collecting, almost insulting final reward. Just the definition of bad collectable sidequest.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Probably Super Mario 3D World’s achievement of getting 5 stars on your title card

You have to get every single green stars in each level, all the stamps in each level, get a golden flagpole, with all your characters, and beat a really hard level with every character.

It’s just really tiring and tedious

oh god yes
after getting all achievements it's gonna be a must to mess the **** outta the game files to turn her event's flag off

I don't really wanna edit my save data but it sounds kinda ideal for that if you didn't wanna lose the save, yeah. Thought about just leaving it, but having that one achievement missing on Steam cuz Steam shows them to you in the launcher, yeah that was taunting me, lol.

I just decided to throw out the file I did the Banishment troupe ending in on PC. Which I haven't deleted the file yet but I'd be remiss if I did it to an important file.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Oh yeah, collecting every costume in Mario Odyssey too. It’s not as bad as the korok seeds, but it still requires actual hours of grinding coins.

Any “enemy gauntlet” sidequest. They aren’t particularly challenging until the very end, which is stupid because you’ll constantly die there and waste another hour wading through the piss easy floors just to get one more chance at actually finishing it. I really wish that Zelda would stop doing that in every game, though SS’s wasn’t too bad.

1.The Great Fairy Sword was the Stone Tower Temple stray fairy reward, not the Great Bay one, that was double defense.

2.I loved collecting stray fairies in all 4 of the dungeons.

Anyway, the only one that comes to mind is the korok seeds in BotW. Boring to collect, boring rewards for collecting, almost insulting final reward. Just the definition of bad collectable sidequest.
Fixed that, thanks Plinko.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
mmm

soulsbornekiring has some pretty cruddy achievements

there are a multitude of achievements which require farming 30x items that are either 1/2% drops from enemies or getting them from winning online battles. Since I suck at PvP it's pretty hard to get them the online way which leaves slowly grinding enemies in the game franchise known for even basic enemies having the capacity to kill you if you aren't careful

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
There are some games that give you an achievement for just starting the game and that's always bothered me. I feel like just starting a game doesn't really qualify as any sort of achievement. Like, I watched the opening cutscene... yay?

in any game
"obtain all achievements"
I actually don't have much of a problem with this one because it does make it feel like you earned it. Nothing is worse than going through all the time and effort of doing everything and then not getting anything for it.

Super Mario Maker 2's royal attire.

To obtain it, you need to get #1 on a leaderboard.

This is a problem because if you want to obtain it through playing, the bar gets higher and higher the longer you wait to buy the game. For example, first clears is in the tens of thousands as is WRs with clears in endless being in the hundreds of thousands.

And if you want to get it through making, you either need to have a level go ridiculously viral or upload a ton of levels at once to get multiple good play to like ratios to have your levels show up on popular all at once.

Absolutely awful system.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
undoubtedly any ones that require you to do something online or are DLC blocked, b/c as we've seen, once online goes down, those are just inaccessible

another one that's a slap in the face is being #1 on the leaderboards....bruh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom