• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What form will Ganon take in this game?

Obviously, we've seen that Ganon appears as a cloud spirit that looks like his pig form outside, but its hard to imagine he will be in that form when you fight him at the end of the game. Do you think he will ultimately be in his pig or human form when you confront him? It will be really intriguing to see his human form or pig form in this art style.

I think, if you go straight to him, he'll remain in the cloud form we've seen and annihilate you.

However i think he'll have a number of forms based on if you complete the four major dungeons which are possibly linked to the four pillars.

I dont know what forms he'd take but what I'd like to see would be;

1. A physical beast form more like Ganon from OoT rather than TP.

2. His 'dorf' (human) form. Though i'd want it to be rather intimidating, like his HW design with some intense DarkNut/Iron Knuckle armour.

3. Something we've not seen before, perhaps a mutated dark world form of his human form. Or something ethereal like a major Poe on steroids.

Aku

Probably still in a pig form, if this is Ganondorf Ganon. Reason why I say that is because most other iterations of Ganondorf Ganon have something that reflects his prior time as a human, whether by wearing clothes and armor or wearing a crown (even Beast Ganon kept his crown if little else.) Even when he had been said to have nothing of Ganondorf in him or was an animate corpse in LBW, he still had habits or an item reflecting 'human Ganondorf.'

This thing has nothing. Therefor, I speculate that if it does change form, it will be as something more monstrous. It will probably have to use the full Triforce or reabsorb it's created minions to do so, but I think as something that is said to be the enemy of Hylia, this new form might bethe level of a a demigod in power .

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dont know what form he will take. I hope to see a human form as well as a physical pig form similar to his ALTTP appearance.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Could be anything at this point. "Ganon" seems to be anything ninty wants him to be, and they don't seem to have any coherent sense of his character. My guess is he'll have multiple forms as usual, and maybe more than ever. I'd love nothing more than for demise to be forgotten out of existence, but I'm certain BotW will have something to say about that. I think it's the least likely that we'll see Ganon as human ever again, however. The closest we'll get is some sort of 'demi'-human form like a roided up muscle hulk or something with flaming hair... idk.

Probably still in a pig form, if this is Ganondorf Ganon. Reason why I say that is because most other iterations of Ganondorf Ganon have something that reflects his prior time as a human, whether by wearing clothes and armor or wearing a crown (even Beast Ganon kept his crown if little else.) Even when he had been said to have nothing of Ganondorf in him or was an animate corpse in LBW, he still had habits or an item reflecting 'human Ganondorf.'

This thing has nothing. Therefor, I speculate that if it does change form, it will be as something more monstrous. It will probably have to use the full Triforce or reabsorb it's created minions to do so, but I think as something that is said to be the enemy of Hylia, this new form might bethe level of a a demigod in power .

Given what we now know about Ganon being the result of Demise's curse, I can imagine that this iteration of Ganon might have a lot more of Demise's characteristics, like his giant monstrous form in SS. Given that this is the first 3d Zelda game since SS, and given what we've already seen of the statues of the Goddess all throughout Hyrule, I have a feeling that BotW is going to have some allusions or even direct references to Demise.

To a lot of people this is pretty well-known already, but this seems to be the pattern that Nintendo likes to follow in their 3D/console Zelda installments. So let's break it down: All the 3D-styled versions of Demise/Ganondorf/Ganon fought thus far from the N64, Gamecube, Wii and Wii U titles.

OoT: Ganondorf, Ganon
MM: N/A
WW: Puppet Ganon (controlled by Ganondorf), Ganondorf
TP: Ganon, Ganondorf
SS: Demise

Alright, from this the biggest thing of note is that in the 3D titles, we seem to ALWAYS fight Ganondorf, the Gerudo King in some shape or form. I'm not going to say this is set in stone or a guarantee that Breath of the Wild will have a Gerudo version of him, but hey who knows this could very be the game that breaks the mold and we're in for a helluva surprise. This is just personal hopes here, but I hope we fight a Gerudo version of him again. I've always enjoyed and highly anticipated the final climactic sword clash between Ganondorf/Demise vs. Link.

LionHardt made a great point above, Demise being able to take on larger forms (ie. the Imprisoned) seems to be a skill/characteristic that he's able to also use, because Calamity Ganon is a huge swirling dark cloud that seems to also have the boar demon form we've seen him take on in a vast majority of the 2D/top-down/handheld titles we've fought him in. And if you'll notice too, there never seems to be a Ganondorf/Gerudo King to fight in those titles, we usually face off against Ganon, and as far as I can remember we've never had to fight a Ganondorf. He got honorable mention in LttP's back story and Four Sword Adventures, but other than that, Ganondorf is pretty much forgotten there.

We haven't seen a 3D title yet where the only form of Ganon that we go up against is just the boar demon. The level of threat and damage this incarnation of him has caused seems to be the worst we've seen him do yet, and it took having him sealed up in Hyrule Castle and not the Sacred Realm or Twilight Realm (and I guess when he got stuck in Lorule with Yuga) to contain him... so where's the Sages in all this? How bad have things gotten and exactly how crazy powerful is Ganon now that the only hope for Hyrule is a resurrected Link that either already fell at Ganon's hands, or some other Link from an age long forgotten? I can't wait to find out :)

TL;DR version: Ganon's a BEAST. We're in for a treat :D

@Dork_Link I totally agree about loving the final sword fight with Ganondorf/Demise, because despite them being extremely powerful and aided by magic or demon powers, there's something very appealing about the thematic simplicity of a down-to-earth sword duel.

To a lot of people this is pretty well-known already, but this seems to be the pattern that Nintendo likes to follow in their 3D/console Zelda installments. So let's break it down: All the 3D-styled versions of Demise/Ganondorf/Ganon fought thus far from the N64, Gamecube, Wii and Wii U titles.
I think it's worth remembering that the 2D/3D split also typically reflects the downfall/non-downfall split.
In the downfall timeline Ganondorf had transformed into Ganon long before any of those encounters, while in the child and adult timelines he only transformed into Ganon shortly before or during the fight, before transforming back.
So it's possible that his ability to transform back into Ganondorf depends on how long he has spent as Ganon... and having been trapped as Ganon for the 100 years before BotW may mean that he's now stuck as Ganon.

However, we should also remember that a male Gerudo is born every 100 years, and it has been well over 100 years since Ganondorf was born, so we could very well see a new male Gerudo in BotW who will likely look a lot Ganondorf.
Personally, I think we may have already seen this character... the masked individual we first saw fighting Link and then saw laying beside Zelda... his build is similar to Ganondorf's, and his clothes are similar colours.

Personally, I think we may have already seen this character... the masked individual we first saw fighting Link and then saw laying beside Zelda... his build is similar to Ganondorf's, and his clothes are similar colours.
Doesn't that character have the Sheikah eye symbol on his/her mask, albeit upside down?

But I like the idea of meeting a new male Gerudo. There's nothing saying that the male Gerudo born every 100 years has to be bad, so it'd be cool if he was a character trying to restore the Gerudo race to glory by cooperating with the Hylians to eradicate Ganon.

Doesn't that character have the Sheikah eye symbol on his/her mask, albeit upside down?

But I like the idea of meeting a new male Gerudo. There's nothing saying that the male Gerudo born every 100 years has to be bad, so it'd be cool if he was a character trying to restore the Gerudo race to glory by cooperating with the Hylians to eradicate Ganon.
It appears to be the Mask of Truth, which is a Sheikah artefact, so does bear their symbol... but that doesn't mean it will be in the possession of a Sheikah in BotW... in both of it's cannon appearances it has been obtained from Hylians, and it is implied that it has been passed around a lot, so it could end up with anyone.
The fact that it is being worn upside-down also seems to imply that this individual is not a Sheikah.
I also like the idea of the Mask of Truth being worn by someone who is seeking to expose the truth about something... in the case of a male Gerudo that would be that not all male Gerudo are evil like Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom