• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Foods Do You Dislike?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Most veggies I’m fine with, but I hate cauliflower, olives, onions, and tomato (I love the taste and sauce from tomatoes, but I won’t eat the actual tomato.)
Also, I hate bananas for some reason.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Mushrooms
Green Olives
Jalapenos
Cauliflower
pineapple on pizza
fruit in a salad
eggnog
coleslaw
sauerkraut
eggplant
cucumber
Brussels sprouts
asparagus
salt and vinegar chips
sweet potatoes
tomatoes (I like sauces but that's it)
bananas
anything hotter than a weak medium.
mustard

Ninja

Well well well
Organ meat
Overly soft, mushy rice
Raw fish
Gamey meat like venison
Fishy fish like tuna, salmon is okay

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
the only common food that i can't really handle is mushrooms probably

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I have that gene that makes Cilantro taste like soap.
Don't like ham and I'm not that big on most deli-meats (except like pepperoni and salami and other kind of spicy meats).
Dislike tuna, unless it's raw.
Not big on some weird fancy cheeses. Don't like whatever that cheese is that generally goes in lasagna. Don't like blu cheese.
Not a fan of olives but I'll usually eat them.
I'm sure there are other things.

I used to be a pretty picky person, but I've always tried to expand my pallet and I'm probably no longer someone who is especially picky.

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
Hominy! I absolutely hate hominy. It has no taste and it looks disgusting! It also makes me gag.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i've never herad of hominy before, it looks weird

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Necro post but I wanted to reply to it

Anyway, I hate olives. Too bitter and sour, leave a bad taste in my mouth, and some foods I love like pasta will sometimes have them in it and every time I try my best to pick them out

Also some pickles or picked foods I really don’t like. Or a salad with vinegar dressing.

I really don’t like yogurt for some reason, it grosses me out just looking at it

I also hate grapefruit for some reason. Too tart but also bitter, which is a really bad taste. I much prefer oranges

Outside of that, not much else. I’m not that much of a picky eater and generally like almost every food item I’ve had

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Heh.
Heh heh.
*deep breath*
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Tacos
Fish
Salad
Bananas
Peaches
Pears
Lasagna
Ravioli
Olives
Mushrooms
Wheat bread
Applesauce
White rice
Sliced ham
Sweet potato fries
Onion rings
Fruit salad
Coleslaw
Pepperoni
Scrambled eggs
Peanut butter
Meatballs
Tater tots
Carrots
Anything with barbecue sauce
Anything with ground beef
Anything strawberry/blueberry flavored or with a strawberry/blueberry filling
And... several other things.
Just a few things. I'm not that picky :bear:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have a long list of things I hate. This will probably not cover all of it, but let's see what I can come up with on the spot...

cheese
melted cheese
pizza
mayonnaise
olives
eggnog
egg salad
potato salad
macaroni salad
ham
deviled eggs
barbecue sauce
barbecue flavor
coleslaw
onions
sour cream
peppers
eggplant
cucumber
ranch
ranch flavor
celery
brussel spouts
vinegar
salt and vinegar flavor
chicken with bones in it
sweet potatoes
cranberry sauce
cranberries
stuffing
sauerkraut
radish
beets
roast beef
most kinds of pork
creamy peanut butter
baked beans
tarter sauce
cocktail sauce
marinara sauce
most red sauces
anchovies
sardines
literally anything spicy
most kinds of dip
candy corn
frosting and icing for cakes and cupcakes
whipped cream
cream fillings
tacos
sweet and sour sauce
cauliflower
quesadillas
burritos
sandwiches that arent made to order or otherwise made by me
brown rice
plain cheesecake
cheesesteaks
alcohol and especially beer
cranberry juice
prune juice
prunes
hummis
salad dressings
salads that arent made by me
buffalo wings
meatloaf

I'm sure there's more but that's what I came up with after thinking for a while.
Coming back to this and most of this list is still true but there are a few amends to make.

- onions: turns out i do like raw onions, i was just and am still not a fan of cooked onions.
- meatloaf: i didnt like meatloaf before cuz of the way my mom cooked it always gave me stomach problems but after she changed how she cooks it it doesnt bother my stomach anymore so i can eat it again.
- ham: still dont like it by itself but i can now tolerate lunch meat ham provided it is accompanied by at least two other meats on a sandwich or in a stromboli or something.
- roast beef: turns out it has to be prepared and served a certain way in order for me to like it.
+ mint: forgot to add that i hate mint-flavored anything. the limit to my mint tolerance is candycanes.
+ applesauce: it is the texture of vomit.
+ lasagna: requires cheese so ew
+ pickles: the only pickles i like are claussen kosher dill. i hate every other pickle.

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
About all I can think of that I don't like is sour cream, brussel sprouts, sauerkraut, and lutefisk.

Sour cream was ruined by a prank from my sister, I just can't get behind brussel sprouts, I just simply don't like their taste, sauerkraut because I just don't like the taste, and with lutefisk, I like codfish, but I don't think it should be soaked in lye.

Other than those, I'll eat anything as long as it was meant to be consumed as food. Like Killjoy, I'm an extreme omnivore in that sense. I'll try anything at least once.

Also, quite surprised by the amounts of picky eaters in these parts. :suspicious:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Foods I dislike:

Apples and anything that has its flavour

Baked Beans. Literally the worst 'food' I can think of I have never tried and never will. They disgust me from their appearance to their smell. Its worse than dung in my eyes

Pineapple. The worst food I have actually tasted. Makes me gag even from a lick.

Pickled foods

Melted cheese

Tomatoes or strongly tomato flavored foods. I can eat them when blended into a curry but no tomato sauce or anything like that.

Barbecue sauce, Brown Sauce, Salad Cream, Mayo

Coleslaw

Strawberries

Dried fruit, raisins, sultanas etc

Mince pies

Sweets. I only eat chocolate, sweets are gross to me like gummies and candy

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I never really outgrew disliking vegetables, broccoli is the only one I'm fine w/

aside from nearly every vegetable ever; all beans, clams, certain other seafood stuff which names I do not know, and this one white cream that again I can't recall it's name

This'll take all day if I try to list absolutely everything I don't like so I'm just gonna throw out a few categories of things I don't enjoy eating and include like one or two examples with each.

One of the biggest things for me is foods where that have multiple really different textures. For example I won't touch raspberries because I hate going from the super soft texture of the actual berry to the crunch of the seeds inside and scrambled eggs are the only kind of eggs I'll eat because if the yolk is separate from the whites they have different textures and that bugs me. Again, there are some exceptions, like the bread of sandwhiches is usually different from what's inside them and I'm fine with those as long as the toppings have somewhat similar textures to each other, and I like most meats even though a lot of them have a few different textures throughout.

Anything with any flavour. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I can't handle strong flavour at all, and I have a pretty low bar for what constitutes "strong" for flavours. Most sauces are too strong for me in anything but the smallest of tastes.

Stuff that's like, basically already mush but not enough that you can just swallow it without chewing. I hate the feeling of chewing mush. Bananas are probably the best example of this-- I like the flavour fine, but actual bananas are just mush and the experience of chewing them is gross.

I think that's kinda everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom