• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Food Would YOU Ban?

Fig

The Altruist
Tapeworms. Yes, they actually sell tapeworms in pills! People who want to lose weight fast might go for this option! I don't want to hear that a person died because he/she swallowed a pill that had a tapeworm in it, just to lose some weight? It always makes me cry to see people go for the last resort and just order a tapeworm online, only to later (or never) realized that they just started to end their life. :''''''''''(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You know, I'm actually considering -seriously- banning certain kinds of muffins. Well, certain kind, being Banana Nut Muffin. I remember eating one then throwing up; that was the very day we had a party and everyone was playing on my OoT save file for absolutely no reason at all (they wasted all my magic and all my light arrows!!)

They may not be the bane of humanity, but they're the bane of my stomach alright.

Djinn

and Tonic
That fuzzy orange dusty crap frequently referred to as cheese. Seriously there is nothing even remotely related to cheese within any of it regardless of what form it comes on. It does not even taste like cheese, there is nothing dairy at all in it. And I really cannot see just how the powdery dust could contain milk or anything that is cheese like. Then once we take that a step further, it is normally heavily dusted on things that would be totally indistinguishable from styrofoam packing peanuts. If they did not have a thick layer of...orange dirt, no one would even consider actually ingesting any cheetos or cheese puffs. They're not made from food, we would fully understand that it is very likely killing us fairly quickly before anything like cancer is even brought into the equation. So this non dairy, unnatural orangey dust like substance which has to be some form of poison is coated on things we never would have considered eating because it is so obviously not food. The combination somehow mutates into a substance that is addictive enough to make us want to finish chewing that very first one to hit our tongues much less actually dig into the bag for another. And this is why the modern world has things like colon cancer which was largely unheard of in previous times.

I can only come to the conclusion that it has to be some twisted form of population control in the modern world. "Eat this....stuff, we have a cartoon cheetah. And he's really cool." I would definitely ban this stuff or even go as far as to go ahead and make a ban on all things that commonly come dusted in this stuff. Even just banning the orange dust would be enough because then the illusion would be lifted and we would see the cheese puffs for what they really are. Specially formatted to be bite sized fiberglass attic insulation material removed from condemned houses and the leftover remnants of Chernobyl that often glow in the dark and feed on live cattle at night.

No more lima beans.
Brussel sprouts.
asparagus.

No more pizza that has more grease than cheese, (Pizza can stay, the grease must go)

And NO.

MORE.

CHASHEWS

AUGH

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I find the soda thing ridiculous. I mean, if I can't get sugary soda, I make tea - and load it with sugar. The way I see it, I am probably doomed to get diabetes someday, anyway, if I live long enough because I have a genetic predisposition to it. Women in my family get it without fail. I could drink nothing but broccoli juice for the rest of my life and still probably get it. I'm living it up with the sugar and chocolate right now because I know I won't get to have it later.

As far as bans... I'd probably go for banning the things on this list. WARNING - very graphic list article ahead. The 6 Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World | Cracked.com

The weird thing is, the fois... if I were rich enough to ever try it, I'd probably like it because it comes from duck. I can see myself never trying it even if I become rich because of being haunted by a video I saw of it being raised once... *shiver.*

I'm not a hippie about this, either. I love meat. One of my first memories growing up were "helping" my dad butcher the family chickens and pigs, I read an article on a news site today written by someone freaking out about the poop-content of processed chicken and was going "Eh, doesn't bother me, I've worked with poo." I also fish and process my own catch in the kitchen when successful and can tell you that fish are hard to get killed good and dead... I'll chill them in ice water or brain them with the tip of a knife, but sometimes, when cleaning them, I'll still get a twitch after I was sure I'd fully killed them so I am fully aware of some of the mess involved with animal-derived food, but going out of the way with deliberate cruelty - "It has to suffer to taste good!" is where I shiver at the evil and feel too sick to eat.

As for personally-disliked foods - celery and liqourice can dissapear from the planet as far as I'm concerned. I support other people's enjoyment of them, though. You can have my share.

I would ban cheese. You heard me right. I would ban that disgusting-tasting, awful-smelling, sickeningly-yellow-colored, pathetic excuse for a dairy product so hard it wouldn't be able to sit down for a YEAR. That's right, that would mean no more pizza, grilled cheese, quesadillas, mozzarella sticks, etc BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S FINE WITH ME BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE FOODS I JUST LISTED. Down with cheese! Let it burn! Buuuurn!!

I could not disagree more. CHEESEHEAD FTW!!!!

As for foods I would ban... definitely lima beans. and brussel sprouts. both of them, useless vegetables. There's so many other vegetables that are better for you and taste good.

As for banning soda, excuse my language, but it's ********. If soda would ever get banned, I'll just make my own. Sugar, club soda, Kool-Aid. Soda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom