• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Fascinates You More? Really Big Things or Really Small Things?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm fascinated by both equally. Both really big things and really small things are interesting in their own ways. They each have their own thing going on. It's always interesting to learn how both a particle works as well as how a planet works as a whole. To me, they're equally interesting.

Well i'm scared to death of the smaller things, i dont like things with less or more legs and eyes that i have. I love the ocean but i'm scared of sea life so i'd never go in it. Mountains bore me, but im fond of the stars and the planets and the expanse of space and the light horizon and galaxies and nebulas so i guess i'm fascinated by the really big things =3

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Both things like planets are interesting and all the little particles that make. Also mountains look amazing it makes me wonder exactly how many years it took for them to get how they are.

Both are equally fascinating to me. You can't get the big things like planets and stars and such without the tiny particles that they are made of. It's quite interesting that most known matter in the universe is essentially made up of the same handful of basic elements like carbon despite being wildly different.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I am fascinated by both. The mountains here are wondrous, and I am constantly observing and taking photos of them. It is wonderful to be able to see something so huge be beautiful. On the flipside, I love many tiny things. I have a macro lens for my camera, and it is incredible what you can see if you look closer. Bugs on flowers are one of the most interesting things I have ever seen!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
This reminds me: Recently, I'd been playing Minish Cap for the first time, interspersed with a replay of Shadow of the Colossus.

Small. Big. Go Fig.

I recently read some opinion piece in which someone their minds were blown by both the amazing vastness of the universe and how they, as a human, are but a particle, yet there are so many cells and microbes and particles that make up us. We are in the universe, yet each of us *is* a universe. That is actually extremely cool, isn't it?

I'd have to go with both. Vanessa raised a valid point. There is so much beauty around us waiting to be discovered. Humans may be large organisms on this planet in comparison to microbes, insects, most birds, etc., however, our puny seven billion count seems trifling in the context of the entire universe.

The universe is too large for humans to have a full grasp of it just yet therefore any and all statistics pertain to the observable universe. Estimates range from 9 sextillion to 300 sextillion stars in the observable universe. If we're going to get scientific here, a "grain" of sand is composed of rock and mineral materials making it truly impossible to count that quantity for a comparison.

bunny

birb overlord
That's kind of a hard question... While small things do seem to steal my attention, there's no way a huge mountain wouldn't make my jaw drop... I actually went with my family to the Smoky Mountains a few weeks ago, and normally, in the car my head will be down reading, playing a game, listening to music, or something... But not that time. I was staring out the window almost the whole time at those huge mountains. They were really cool. However, I am 14. Basically anything fascinates me.

Your question is hard to answer, for both small and large things are in the universe. The universe fascinate me more than anything. Though, I would have to go with with large objects, because a black holes and the bacteria on Mars are most interesting small things that interests me, whereas I could name a number of large objects that interest me.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Big stuff. I like big stuff. Big stuff is just cooler and has more details in it that you can't see half the time since you're not up close.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Interesting question. As someone who studies physics I've become fascinated with relativity (physics of the big and fast) as well as quantum mechanics (physics of the small). I find quarks, neutrinos, and superstrings just as amazing as galaxies, galaxy clusters, black holes, and supernovae. So, I like them both equally.

masterSword2

Smile!
Although both are equally amazing, I think it's the big things that really give me that feeling of fascination. When I look at the ocean, I feel very small. When I realize that that ocean, is nothing but a grain of sand compared to a boulder, that's when I'm truly fascinated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom