• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Exactly Does the Triforce of Courage Bestow?

I was thinking the other day that, maybe the triforce doesn't really gives the power that represents, the owners of each part of the triforce already had what it represents, I mean, Link already have the Courage, Zelda had the Wisdom, and Ganon the Power. There are some games where link have one piece of the triforce, in some others it has the complete triforce and in some he doesn't have any, and I don't think it has really changed something.

The only time that one piece of the triforce alone seems to really do something is with Ganon, like in OoT when the castle is destroyed and Ganon seems to use it before transforming, or maybe he was just showing it?. Another example is when the sages are executing Ganon, and the Triforce seems to be the reason for him surviving.

L

linked

I think it would only be used as a proof/honor/title or something around that for Link's courage or...

I subscribe to the above. However, I might add... I believe the Triforce enhances a given quality of the wielder; in Link's case, courage...or something along those lines.

In bold: I have also pondered this. Perhaps each attribute of the Triforce - Power, Wisdom, and Courage - balances each other out. For example, it takes courage to use power, and it takes wisdom to wield power, and so on; it's like a cycle of essences and energy. Not an excellent example [noparse]:P[/noparse], but it sums up my point. Moreover, I surmise that such qualities [each individual attribute] are then transferred over to the respective wielders. This could be an intricate design of fate and destiny, as a direct result of divine intervention by the Golden Goddesses and/or Hylia. Link is simply a part of the triad of balance, and the Triforce of Courage is a mark of fate. It must exist as a part of the design of fate to maintain the balance. This might also [indirectly?] tie in to the Curse of Demise...somehow. I hope this makes sense...

do you mean like those triforce needs each other?if so then I agree with you since I think you'd need courage for using wisdom and power.

I always just assumed that it goes to the most courageous person in the world (Link) and increases his courage even more, along with protecting him from dark corruption. (as seen in the Dark World of ALttP and the Twilight Realm of TP).

F

filipepw

I would say the Triforce of Courage doesnt give Link anything, because being him is what makes the Triforce his
but if i had to say, it gives him the power to wield the master sword, since only the hero can use it

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I don't think that it gives him "Courage" per say. Yes, it is the Triforce of Courage, but I believe that courage is one of those things that you gain over time, just like wisdom and power. I think that it gives him the willpower to continue of his quests. It gives him that extra push to swing his blade one more time, open a door one more time, save someone one more time.

Of course, I also think it gives him advanced stamina, power, flexibility, etc. to help him on his quest.

I assumed that it gave him the ability to be immune to the other two magic wielding triforces, it is the balancer against wisdom and power both of which have been shown to have turned away from the path of good in the past. The triforce of courage is the insurance policy.

The Tri Force doesen't give anyone anything, it just represents the ability the weirder mostly has. Link has courage over power and wisdom. He will always get the Tri Force of courage. Also, I don't think it's the Tri Force that protects Link in the Twilight, I think it's the Twilight can't affect Link when he has the Tri Force. :suspicious:

The Triforce of Courage bestows protection onto Link from the goddesses especially Farore. Also, I believe there is an element of "courage" to the so named piece of the Triforce. Just as Ganondorf is filled with an uncontrollable lust for power and Zelda uses her wise mental capacity in order to protect the interests of Hyrule, Link's third of the Triforce grants him the necessary courage in order to confront the forces of evil in Termina and other parallel universes. Skyward Sword truly is the story of the Hero's Shade and nothing is more needed in order to fight such an uphill battle than the sheer determination to confront the task. Perseverance is the key to success as Link as proved on over a dozen journeys thus far.

O

OH.MY.ZELDA

Don't you think it just gives him the courage to face all the obstacles in his way, I'm sure no ordinary person would have enough courage to fight a giant monster, or take on a small swarm of enemies, ect...

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I think it gives the power to beat the ToP, without it, only an army could defeat the wielder of the ToP (as seen in the imprisoning war), but the wielder of the ToC can beat him single-handedly (with a bit of help from zelda in some cases)

This doesn't hold too tightly though, as in some games link didn't even have the ToC

I'm not sure of the truth of that last statement except in TLoZ, where it is for sure that Link doesn't have it, the thing is that the only games where link is confirmed to have the ToC are Oot, MM, WW, PH TP and AoL

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
I think nintendo just ran out of Ideas..."Ok, so Ganon has power, Zelda has Wisdom, what should we give Link?" "Money?!" "Don't you be givin' my money to some kid! Lets just give him Courage that means absolutely nothing and call it a day".

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Then why does WW Link have to have it?

According to the theory on my previous post here, he needs it to beat ganon

And what does Wisdom do for Zelda?

Telepathy (LttP), revival/healing magic (TP), ability to split triforces (TloZ, AoL, WW), super disguise (OoT), Creating whole timeline splits (OoT), Not becoming a spirit (TP), Light arrows (WW, TP, ST), among others

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom